posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default All ashore

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

How are *you* being taken advantage of by Haitians? Non-reproduction?
Huh?

Because MY taxes that I pay go to their welfare if they stay instead of
to AMerican citizens who may truly need it....

If you're so concerned about American citizens, you should probably
consider that our foreign aid expenditures to Haiti are miniscule
compared to what we spend on Iraq. You sound like a liberal.

non0reproduction...to not produce....so if we are so overcrowdsed that we
shouldn't be makin no more babies than why the heck are we letting others
in here???

The Haitians are preventing people in the US from having babies? Are you
suggesting we close the borders? Let's build a fence! That'll keep them
out.

I think you have a very narrow world view. Immigration and those
returning to their countries who've been educated here and those who send
money to their relatives in other countries are doing a great benefit to
us.

Jon, didn't realize you were the reincarnation of Jesus Christ..but then,
maybe not...even Jesus stated that the poor would always be with us...you
know why? Because some people like being poor. Poor in mind...poor in
spirit..poor in body. You are who you associate with. On a world scale, if
we associate ourselves with the indigenous, letting them into our welfare
system then that will make us poor. Personally, I've been there...and I
can tell you I don't ever want to go back.
ANother thing...you just like to argue for the sake of arguing. It gives
you some kind of visceral pleasure to be obdurate and obnoxious. I am not
the most lucid person on earth by any menas, but intelligent people here
have tried to have logical discussions with you. ou don't discuss. You
rant about your side of things. You and Rosie O'Donnell should get a room
together for a weekend. ou'd make a great pair. PLONK

I'm not Jesus, but thanks. I think you'll have to ask him why the poor will
always be with us instead of assuming you know the answer.

And, then you offer a personal attack... intelligent people have tried, but
I'm a failure. Sorry, doesn't wash. I think I've not been particularly
obnoxious with anyone lately, certainly.... not for the last year or so. I
don't know what you were trying to type with "obdurate." Sorry. Suddenly,
I'm the one ranting, but Joe, for example isn't. I don't see you bashing him
over much.

Feel free to plonk away if that makes you feel better.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 29, 9:55 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

[...]

"j" ganz - Hide quoted text -

I do not rant.....sorry.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote ...
. You and Rosie O'Donnell should get a
room together for a weekend. ou'd make a great pair.

PLONK

you figure Rosie could teach Jon how to be more manly?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
"katy" wrote ...

. You and Rosie O'Donnell should get a
room together for a weekend. ou'd make a great pair.

PLONK

you figure Rosie could teach Jon how to be more manly?

Scotty

No, I figured they could lock themselves up together and have a regular
old gabfest since they both address the current issues in the same way.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 29, 9:55 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

[...]

Ah, well, ok.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

Diseased? Who are you talking about? Sure seems like a bad
attitude to me. While we certainly have problems, I don't think we
can right-off a whole people or country.

Have you looked at the statistics for Haiti, Jon? They are
diseased...and yes, we can write off whole peoples...we are not the
saviors of the world...every time we try to be we end up at the low
end of the stick...yes, I do believe we should set specific limits
as to who cand come to this country..aand there should be rules
regarding immigration...number 1 rule you must speak English
BEFORE you come here 2you must have a valuable or needed skill or
trade 3 you must show that you can and will provide for anyone you
bring in with you 4 you may not send money back to your parent
country

So, just to be sure I read this right.... you're willing to write
off a whole people, a whole country because of a preventable
disease.

Yep...if it's so treatable then they should be treated in their own
country, not ours...there are plenty of social agencies and churches
that do outreach in Haiti...let them get to it...

1) I don't believe we've ever had a law that said people had to
speak the language *before* they arrived.

No..but we should have...

2) What makes you certain that immigrants from poor countries don't
have a valuable or needed skill or trade? They might have..ort they
may have skills we don't need...if their

skills are not needed here then they can't come in...I am not agasint
people training here to gain skills to take back to thier own
countries...but they must leave when they have attained the skills...
Who determines this?
Dept of Immigration and Naturalization or whatever they're calling it
these days...

3) I believe that we already have this critieria in effect.
4) You can't send money back? Zero? Seems pretty harsh to me.

Too bad, so sad. If you want to be an American, then your money has
to work here, not somewhere else.

I'm truly shocked. You seemed like a fair-minded person. Now I'm not
so sure.

No, I'm saick and tired of it a;;...people copme here not because
they value our philosophy, or becasue they want to be in a free
society, tehy come here because they want what we have...they don't
want what we ARE....if they can prove they want what we ARE, then
fine...everyone has their limit...I've reached mine and I am not a
gimpu crybaby liberal ready to save the whole world...I can only save
what is closest to me and they are being threatened by the rest of
the world..when that happens, it's time to shut the gates.

No. You're a mean-spirited person if you write off an entire people.
You're also an isolationist, which is unworkable in todays world.

Not mean spirited and anyone who knows me personally will attest to
that. I am tired of being taken advantage of as a countyry. Let people
walk all over you long enough and you turn into a dorrmat. And if you
read my reply, youwould see that I am entirely for providing relief
for them IN THEIR OWN COUNTRIES...WHERE THEY BELONG! Why should
AMericans have to go to reat lengths of non-reproduction so that
others can come here and reap the benefits our ancestors laid down for
us? If we need to keep the popyulation down in this country so we can
be more self-sustaining the first place we should turn to is the open
door. It should be shut. Like I said, there are plenty of agencies
and chartible organizations that do finr jobs...back them...reinforce
what they do...help them make that country habitable again...but
letting them all come here is not an answer for anyone and if you
don't see that then you're blind. Other countries have closed their
doors and made it possible for only a few to enter...do you think if
you pulled up stakes and decided all of a sudden to become an
Australian they would just let you in? Japan certainly won't...you're
not Japanese...Korea won't..you're not Korean...

It's a beautiful thing when even Katy can kick Ganz's butt! But, Katy
sounds like a conservative and conservatives kick liberal butt all the
time. Liberals never learned to think. They can parrot but that's about
all they can do. (Except for doing large doses of LSD!)

Wilbur Hubbard