posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default All ashore

"katy" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
katy wrote:

It's a wonder that thing didn't sink on the way over...3 weeks from
Haiti? Obviosuly noone knew how to sail...wonder how many of them have
AIDS...feed 'em up and ship 'em back....tell them next time to try for
Venezuela....

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Nah, send 'em to some banana republic run by a man we detest......

Cheers
Marty

When that was written the US was able and willing to do that...we are now
overburdened by the world's poor and disewased...and I am not speaking of
Mexicans or Canadians who share the American heritage. Why should the US
remain the gatekeeper for a world that no longer respects us? I think a
drop cloth should be placed over that placard until such a time as people
realize that being a citizen of the US means much more than fleeing your
own set of tyranny in your own country...too many come here rather than
fix their problems at home. We have become "The Great scape". BTW, isn't
there a lot of room left in the NW Territory? I know 101 Haitians that
could help out the population there.

Diseased? Who are you talking about? Sure seems like a bad attitude to me.
While we certainly have problems, I don't think we can right-off a whole
people or country.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

How many Haitians will it carry? He could always use them

for ballast....

I've been to Haiti, it's nice. Why would they leave?

SBV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
katy wrote:

It's a wonder that thing didn't sink on the way over...3

weeks from
Haiti? Obviosuly noone knew how to sail...wonder how

many of them have
AIDS...feed 'em up and ship 'em back....tell them next

time to try for
Venezuela....

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

I think it's time to give that monstrosity back to france.

Nah, send 'em to some banana republic run by a man we

detest......

We could send them to Mexico.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Martin Baxter wrote:

katy wrote:

[...]

Have you looked at the statistics for Haiti, Jon? They are
diseased...and yes, we can write off whole peoples...we are not the
saviors of the world...every time we try to be we end up at the low end
of the stick...yes, I do believe we should set specific limits as to who
cand come to this country..aand there should be rules regarding
immigration...number 1 rule you must speak English BEFORE you come here
2you must have a valuable or needed skill or trade 3 you must show
that you can and will provide for anyone you bring in with you 4 you
may not send money back to your parent country
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

I've been to Haiti, it's nice. Why would they leave?

SBV

Haiti is nice? Sure you wern't at the Dominican Republic?

Oh yeah, it was DR. Same same, no?

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Martin Baxter wrote:

katy wrote:

[...]

The problem is the "wet foot/dry foot" policy. The Cuban refugees can
come to this country illegally and stay as long as they wish. All they
have to do is get off a boat or an inner tube and set foot on dry land.
If they are intercepted prior to reaching land they get sent back. If
they reach land they can stay. This is only for Cubans. No other
nationality has this privilege.

Haitians, even if they set foot on dry land are still considered
illegals. I agree with this as you cannot simply open the flood gates
and say anybody who manages to step foot on US soil can stay. The
loophole for the Cubans needs to be closed, however. But, will our fine
government close the loophole? Hell no. They want the Cuban vote so they
cater to their every whim. Disgusting.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:

Diseased? Who are you talking about? Sure seems like a bad attitude to
me. While we certainly have problems, I don't think we can right-off a
whole people or country.

Have you looked at the statistics for Haiti, Jon? They are diseased...and
yes, we can write off whole peoples...we are not the saviors of the
world...every time we try to be we end up at the low end of the
stick...yes, I do believe we should set specific limits as to who cand
come to this country..aand there should be rules regarding
immigration...number 1 rule you must speak English BEFORE you come here
2you must have a valuable or needed skill or trade 3 you must show that
you can and will provide for anyone you bring in with you 4 you may not
send money back to your parent country

So, just to be sure I read this right.... you're willing to write off a
whole people, a whole country because of a preventable disease.

1) I don't believe we've ever had a law that said people had to speak the
language *before* they arrived.
2) What makes you certain that immigrants from poor countries don't have a
valuable or needed skill or trade? Who determines this?
3) I believe that we already have this critieria in effect.
4) You can't send money back? Zero? Seems pretty harsh to me.

I'm truly shocked. You seemed like a fair-minded person. Now I'm not so
sure.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

They are escaping from Haiti. Didn't Clinton install the puppet leader of
that nation with the help of the US military? Send them to Cuba, they may be
better off.

Lloyd

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

Yep...if it's so treatable then they should be treated in their own
country, not ours...there are plenty of social agencies and churches
that do outreach in Haiti...let them get to it...

1) I don't believe we've ever had a law that said people had to speak the
language *before* they arrived.

No..but we should have...

2) What makes you certain that immigrants from poor countries don't have a
valuable or needed skill or trade? They might have..ort they may have skills we don't need...if their

skills are not needed here then they can't come in...I am not agasint
people training here to gain skills to take back to thier own
countries...but they must leave when they have attained the skills...
Who determines this?
Dept of Immigration and Naturalization or whatever they're calling it
these days...

3) I believe that we already have this critieria in effect.
4) You can't send money back? Zero? Seems pretty harsh to me.

Too bad, so sad. If you want to be an American, then your money has to
work here, not somewhere else.

I'm truly shocked. You seemed like a fair-minded person. Now I'm not so
sure.

No, I'm saick and tired of it a;;...people copme here not because they
value our philosophy, or becasue they want to be in a free society, tehy
come here because they want what we have...they don't want what we
ARE....if they can prove they want what we ARE, then fine...everyone has
their limit...I've reached mine and I am not a gimpu crybaby liberal
ready to save the whole world...I can only save what is closest to me
and they are being threatened by the rest of the world..when that
happens, it's time to shut the gates.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Capt. JG wrote:

[...]

a valuable or needed skill or trade? They might have..ort they may have
[...]

No. You're a mean-spirited person if you write off an entire people. You're
also an isolationist, which is unworkable in todays world.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com