posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Please, Help with Thru-Hulls on Alberg 30

I have bought an alberg 30 that is completely stripped out inside. I have only had 24' and
under boats and there are a few more holes than I thought there should be and was
hoping somebody could help me out. So here goes:

Port side forward, 2 larger holes which I know are the head intake and discharge.
Starboard side middle, one larger and another smaller that must be the intake and discharge
for the sink. Is the larger one meant to be the discharge (about 1 1/2")
Starboard and port middle. Under the engine area, I expect the cooling water intake and
discharge.
Starboard side way aft, a 1-2" above the waterline. I have no idea.
Port side just opposite is another 1-2" and 2 smaller (1/2" or so) thru-hulls. Again, these
are above the waterline.
Exactly center in the stern is a small 1/2 one with some copper piping connected to it.
Then there is the Speed log and Depth sounder.
Now I have 1 'hole' in the keel that goes through into the bilge. This looks rough
and I think it was put there when the boat was stripped to drain the bilge out. It's in
a spot that I don't think I can put a thru-hull in. So either it has to be plugged or is it
meant to be there with some other type of fitting?
Thanks,
Frank

posted to alt.sailing.asa

woopei wrote:
[...]

Why not Google the Alberg group and see if someone can scan you a
schematic on your hull?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, Katy's advice to get a schematic from the builders is the obvious way
to start but although I know nothing about this particular design of boat
here are some tentative suggestions within your message for your
consideration:-
..
"woopei" wrote in message
I have bought an alberg 30 that is completely stripped out inside. I have

only had 24' and
under boats and there are a few more holes than I thought there should be

and was
hoping somebody could help me out. So here goes:

Port side forward, 2 larger holes which I know are the head intake and

discharge.

Sounds Ok if that is where the head is

Starboard side middle, one larger and another smaller that must be the

intake and discharge
for the sink. Is the larger one meant to be the discharge (about 1 1/2")

If that is where he sink is the larger one will be the discharge and the
smaller one is probably a sea water inlet for a small hand operated pump so
you can work with seawater at times on jobs which do not need the
expenditure of fresh water.

Starboard and port middle. Under the engine area, I expect the cooling

water intake and
discharge.

One will be the intake for sure but I can offer no suggestions on the other
as the discharge from the engine is almost always into the exhaust pipe

Starboard side way aft, a 1-2" above the waterline. I have no idea.

Possibly the engine exhaust outlet but might be a cockpit drain as there is
another one the other side at the same place, but then where is your exhaust
outlet?
Port side just opposite is another 1-2"

see above
and 2 smaller (1/2" or so) thru-hulls. Again, these
are above the waterline.

Don't know about these-they are too small for cockpit drains and anyway two
cockpit drains would not be the same side. One might be outlet for the bilge
pump (but seems a bit small for that) and the other possibly a drain from
the gas bottle container

Exactly center in the stern is a small 1/2 one with some copper piping

connected to it.

Maybe the vent from the fuel tank

Then there is the Speed log and Depth sounder.

Now I have 1 'hole' in the keel that goes through into the bilge. This

looks rough
and I think it was put there when the boat was stripped to drain the

bilge out. It's in
a spot that I don't think I can put a thru-hull in. So either it has to

be plugged or is it
meant to be there with some other type of fitting?

No suggestions for that one.

Well, there you are. A few suggestions fo your consideration.

Generic small boat hulls question [email protected] Boat Building 0 November 7th 05 07:52 PM
Semi-planing hulls Clutch Cargo ASA 0 November 5th 05 02:17 AM
cored hulls gltlwlelilslslsl General 4 February 2nd 04 11:06 PM
Sanding plastic hulls Edward Ripley-Duggan Touring 2 July 21st 03 01:36 PM
FS: Alberg 30 in Ontario, Canada Windjammer Marketplace 0 July 9th 03 04:22 PM