posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Leukemia Cup Online Fundraising Program

Hello Everyone,

For some of you still waiting to sail due to the weather, The Leukemia
& Lymphoma Society is offering an online fundraising program with
special incentives for raising funds. Participants also receive online
videos from Gary Jobson. The content is exclusive to this program. The
program started today and runs to April 12th.

Go to http://www.lls.org/regatta/virtual for more information.

Some of the features a

· Weekly emails with mini-video clips of America's Cup winner and
Leukemia Cup National Chairman Gary Jobson. Gary, a blood cancer
survivor, will talk about his career and his experiences as an ESPN
commentator, and give you the inside scoop on the world of sailing.
Learn more about Gary's battle with cancer.

· Prizes galore. Raise as little as $100 to earn incentives like the
official Leukemia Cup Regatta hat. Raise more and you may receive a
limited edition Mt. Gay Rum hat signed by Gary Jobson, "20% Off"
coupons from North Sail, a digital camera or a handheld GPS.

· A chance to live out your fantasy! Funds raised through the virtual
version of the Regatta will also apply toward the ultimate reward:
Sailors who raise $8,500 or more between now and September 1, 2007
will be invited to the Regatta's annual Fantasy Sail weekend, hosted
by Gary Jobson.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default SPAM ignore

"rsds129" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello Everyone,

For some of you still waiting to sail due to the weather, The Leukemia
& Lymphoma Society snipped spam

PLONK

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
For some of you still waiting to sail due to the weather, The Leukemia
& Lymphoma Society snipped spam

PLONK

I guess some people are fortunate enough to have never had leukemia or
one of the many related illness ever strike anybody in their family.

The Leukemia Society is an excellent organization. They fund research
which has produced some of the best treatments available.
http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/qandagleevec
Gleevec alone promises to elminate or help fight not just leukemia but
many different types of cancer. And yes, Gleevec was developed thru
research funded and assisted by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I hope we all have the same good luck that "Wilbur Hubbard" apparently
enjoys, and then Leukemia Society can simply fade away unneeded.
Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
ups.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
For some of you still waiting to sail due to the weather, The
Leukemia
& Lymphoma Society snipped spam

PLONK

I guess some people are fortunate enough to have never had leukemia or
one of the many related illness ever strike anybody in their family.

The Leukemia Society is an excellent organization. They fund research
which has produced some of the best treatments available.
http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/qandagleevec
Gleevec alone promises to elminate or help fight not just leukemia but
many different types of cancer. And yes, Gleevec was developed thru
research funded and assisted by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

I hope we all have the same good luck that "Wilbur Hubbard" apparently
enjoys, and then Leukemia Society can simply fade away unneeded.
Doug King

Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

If I said yes, would you send them some money?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
ps.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

If I said yes, would you send them some money?

DSK

Only my prayers. They are worth more than money.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

DougKing888 wrote
If I said yes, would you send them some money?

Only my prayers. They are worth more than money.

But not as reliable, unfortunately.

In any event, I don't want to perpetuate the misconception that I have
leukemia. However, a long time ago a person in my immediate family
died of it. But even if that had never happened, The Leukemia Society
is one of the best charity organizations around.

Does your faith require tithing? Does your church support any
charities? If you have bread and aren't willing to share it with the
hungry, then you don't deserve it yourself. That belief is basic to
most religions, but it seems to get lost for most people nowadays.

Regards
Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

DougKing888 wrote
If I said yes, would you send them some money?

Only my prayers. They are worth more than money.

But not as reliable, unfortunately.

In any event, I don't want to perpetuate the misconception that I have
leukemia. However, a long time ago a person in my immediate family
died of it. But even if that had never happened, The Leukemia Society
is one of the best charity organizations around.

Does your faith require tithing? Does your church support any
charities? If you have bread and aren't willing to share it with the
hungry, then you don't deserve it yourself. That belief is basic to
most religions, but it seems to get lost for most people nowadays.

Regards
Doug King

I belong to the Baptist Church. They claim to give every dime to charity
that's donated to charity causes directly through them. They take zero
for "administrative costs." I also tithe weekly to the church general
fund. But, since I only have about six grand a year income and tithing
is only on income it only amounts to about twenty bucks a week. It's the
least I can do.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:40:23 -0500, Wilbur Hubbard wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
ps.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
Is that what's laid you low, Leukemia?

If I said yes, would you send them some money?

DSK

Only my prayers. They are worth more than money.

Wilbur Hubbard

**** in one hand and pray in the other. Let me know which one fills first.
Santa Claus for Adults.... Nothing good comes from cult worship.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:00:21 -0500, Wilbur Hubbard wrote
(in article ):

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The problem with Babtists is that they don't hold them under long enough.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

Voip Updated Howto,Voip AT Home,Voip Phones,Voip Conference Calling cleaning clean Cruising 1 May 30th 06 02:32 PM
Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
OT - Boot Magic Simple Simon ASA 6 November 3rd 03 08:35 PM