posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Man caused global warming

In article , Scotty u@w wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

They certainly save fuel and reduce noxious fumes. The

mileage isn't
as good as previously advertised, but they're still better

than most
other vehicles.

(Except Scotty's truck of course) g

I'm being green...I haven't worked for two weeks.

SBV

Well, you're not being very patriotic.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article . net,
Maxprop wrote:
Relax. He gets monthly royalty checks for inventing the Internet.

Try the truth:

Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, which implies that
he engineered the technology. The invention occurred in the seventies
and allowed scientists in the Defense Department to communicate with
each other. In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said,
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."

Taken in context, the sentence, despite some initial ambiguity, means
that as a congressman Gore promoted the system we enjoy today, not
that he could patent the science, though that's how the quotation has
been manipulated. Hence the disingenuous substitution of "inventing"
for the actual language.

http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
Relax. He gets monthly royalty checks for inventing the Internet.

Try the truth:

Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, which implies that
he engineered the technology. The invention occurred in the seventies
and allowed scientists in the Defense Department to communicate with
each other. In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said,
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."

Taken in context, the sentence, despite some initial ambiguity, means
that as a congressman Gore promoted the system we enjoy today, not
that he could patent the science, though that's how the quotation has
been manipulated. Hence the disingenuous substitution of "inventing"
for the actual language.

Why are you an apologist for the asshole, Jon? He's beyond incompetent when
it comes to campaigning. Give the opportunity for another run at the White
House, he'll have so many of his feet in his mouth that he'll have to have
his teeth extracted to make room.

Try this: how are you going to rationalize his comment that his mother used
to sing "Look for the Union Label" to him when he was a small child,
considering the song wasn't written for another ten years?

His lies may have no particular importance, but he does them so frequently
and stupidly.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:
Why are you an apologist for the asshole, Jon? He's beyond incompetent when
it comes to campaigning. Give the opportunity for another run at the White
House, he'll have so many of his feet in his mouth that he'll have to have
his teeth extracted to make room.

Try this: how are you going to rationalize his comment that his mother used
to sing "Look for the Union Label" to him when he was a small child,
considering the song wasn't written for another ten years?

His lies may have no particular importance, but he does them so frequently
and stupidly.

Key phrase... may have no particular importance... how about Bush's
lies.... oh wait, he didn't lie. g

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
[...]

He never said that either. Its pretty well know that his baby sitter,
who was a union activist, was quoted was saying "“Al jokes that when
he was a little boy, I used to sing him the ‘Union Label’ song.” That
was the entire story, until the conservative press turned it into a
scandal six weeks later. There are even videos of Gore joking about this.

Are you really claiming that the right wing talk shows and blogs are
truthful?

My lies may have no particular importance, but I do them so frequently
and stupidly.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Jeff wrote:

Try this: how are you going to rationalize his comment that his mother used
to sing "Look for the Union Label" to him when he was a small child,
considering the song wasn't written for another ten years?

He never said that either. Its pretty well know that his baby sitter,
who was a union activist, was quoted was saying "“Al jokes that when
he was a little boy, I used to sing him the ‘Union Label’ song.” That
was the entire story, until the conservative press turned it into a
scandal six weeks later. There are even videos of Gore joking about this.

Are you really claiming that the right wing talk shows and blogs are
truthful?

Jeff, forget it... the left/enviromentalists lie. The right, big
oil/big tobacco, etc. They don't.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com