posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Record Cold Here

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Oh me, 27F, poor you, I woke up to -4F, and that's warm up here lately!

Why can't you guys get with the program and use Celsius like the rest of
the civilized world?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Martin Baxter wrote:
Joe wrote:

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Oh me, 27F, poor you, I woke up to -4F, and that's warm up here lately!

Why can't you guys get with the program and use Celsius like the rest of
the civilized world?

Cheers
Marty

It's a problem...Mr Sails posed some distance/time/rate problems to his
junior/senior Oceanography classes in meters and kn and they were all
totally lost...didn't even have the sense to just go to the conversion
tables in the back of the book!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
b Joe wrote:

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Oh me, 27F, poor you, I woke up to -4F, and that's warm up
here lately!

Why can't you guys get with the program and use Celsius
like the rest of
the civilized world?

Because -10 really sucks!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:

It's a problem...Mr Sails posed some distance/time/rate problems to his
junior/senior Oceanography classes in meters and kn and they were all
totally lost...didn't even have the sense to just go to the conversion
tables in the back of the book!

How can you teach science and not use SI units? A real fine group of
budding scientists Mr. Sails has there!

As an excercise in frustration everyone should be forced to do a few
basic physics problems using pounds, slugs, poundals, pound-feet. ..etc.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Seahag wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
b Joe wrote:

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Oh me, 27F, poor you, I woke up to -4F, and that's warm up
here lately!

Why can't you guys get with the program and use Celsius
like the rest of
the civilized world?

Because -10 really sucks!

Seahag

Yeah, but below -40 Celsius is actually warmer! And plus 35 sounds more
bearable than 95.

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
Seahag wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote:
b Joe wrote:

It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is
frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the
20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Oh me, 27F, poor you, I woke up to -4F, and that's warm
up
here lately!

Why can't you guys get with the program and use Celsius
like the rest of
the civilized world?

Because -10 really sucks!

Seahag

Yeah, but below -40 Celsius is actually warmer! And plus
35 sounds more
bearable than 95.

Hmmm, maybe we'll swith to Celsius for the summer...35 year
round!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Martin Baxter wrote:
katy wrote:

It's a problem...Mr Sails posed some distance/time/rate problems to his
junior/senior Oceanography classes in meters and kn and they were all
totally lost...didn't even have the sense to just go to the conversion
tables in the back of the book!

How can you teach science and not use SI units? A real fine group of
budding scientists Mr. Sails has there!

As an excercise in frustration everyone should be forced to do a few
basic physics problems using pounds, slugs, poundals, pound-feet. ..etc.

Cheers
Marty

They don't retain becasue it's not used in their real worlds..so
far...the Maths Dept does teach it of course and most of these kids are
either in Algebra 2, Trig, or Calc...yet they can't translate between
the classes..what? a math problem in Oceanography? My God...we thought
this was about water! When some of them found out it was about combined
geology, earth scince and ecology, tehy went ballistic...thought they
were going to go visit dolphins at the Aquarium and collect seashells....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's brutal..27 degrees this AM. The birdbath is frozen!

Record broken..... coldest day in Houston since the 20's

WTF happened to global warming?.

It will be in the 60's tomorrow.

Joe

Sorry to disappoint you Joe, but it's the variability of the climate that's
the problem. GW = higher highs, lower lows. A couple of degrees warmer isn't
the problem directly. It's an indirect effect. Hold onto your socks, things
will be getting worse before they get better, assuming we do something now.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote

Sorry to disappoint you Joe, but it's the variability of the climate that's the problem. GW = higher highs, lower
lows. A couple of degrees warmer isn't the problem directly. It's an indirect effect. Hold onto your socks, things
will be getting worse before they get better, assuming we do something now.

What a freaking moron! Definitely shows how abusing illegal drugs has consequences.

Cheers,
Ellen