Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Who are you going to listen to??

Popular notions are ALWAYS wrong. If you don't know that, then you've
haven't studied history and you're to young to have learned it from
experience. Hardly a century goes by without doomsday predictions becoming
popular notions. I lived through the global cooling hysteria of the 70's, so
please spare me the ignorant ranting of the true believers.

Someday the earth may cool to absolute zero or heat to a million degrees. I
don't know. All anybody "knows" is what they think the historical record
shows: that the earth gets really cold and the earth gets really hot.

The rest is the clucking of hens.

--
jlrogers±³©

Who are you gonna listen to? Ellen MacArthur ASA 297 February 10th 07 05:50 AM
Joe...Listen Up.... katy ASA 7 April 18th 06 01:34 AM
Listen to VHF prior to departu [email protected] General 8 October 8th 05 04:34 PM
The dictator has spoken, but do we listen? I don't think so! Arnold Sass ASA 2 September 14th 03 10:09 PM
Listen to the GOLD CUP - on the Net BK Power Boat Racing 0 August 23rd 03 04:32 PM