posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Propeller Shaft Vibration

Milton Waddams wrote:
Here's an unusual problem I experienced this last season and I'd like
to see if anyone can figure it out without going through the ordeal I
had to. I got my boat all set up for the new season, new paint,
polish, sacrificial electrodes and so on. First time out the whole
boat vibrated noticeably in forward and reverse. I had it pulled,
removed the fixed 2 blade prop and had it checked for balance. The
dynamic balance was right on. I checked the shaft for straightness
without removing it, reinstalled the prop and took the boat out again.
Same vibration, so I had it pulled again and took the shaft and prop
in for a check. Dyno balance on the prop A-ok, the shaft was true and
passed static balance no problem. I even had them check the static
balance with the shaft anode collar on, all ok. Put it all together,
took it out and still no difference! I was ready to beat the wife and
kick the dog! I was going to pull the transmission when a guy at the
dock mentioned I should try one more test on the shaft, prop and
collar. Sure enough, it found and fixed the problem. What was the test
and what did it find? It had nothing to do with engine or transmission
mounts, it was all external to the hull. I hope you enjoy this brain
twister, I didn't (at the time).

Milton

magnetism?

--
Stop WW3!!

"Remember: Only YOU can prevent Forest Fires!"
....Smokey the Bear
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mowe Z. Slowley" wrote in message
Milton Waddams wrote:
[...]

you should of used a cotter key instead of a rusty old nail

--
NH_/)_
www.sailirc.net

posted to alt.sailing.asa

CWM,

A little CCP of what Melton posted
Same vibration, so I had it pulled again and took the shaft and prop in
for a check. Dyno balance on the prop A-ok, the shaft was true and
passed static balance no problem. I even had them check the static
balance with the shaft anode collar on, all ok. Put it all together,
took it out and still no difference!
So, CWM, believe what you want. I don't believe any of it

Color me gone. No need to live within this World of BS

Bye

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
CWM,

A little CCP of what Melton posted
Same vibration, so I had it pulled again and took the shaft and prop in
for a check. Dyno balance on the prop A-ok, the shaft was true and
passed static balance no problem. I even had them check the static
balance with the shaft anode collar on, all ok. Put it all together,
took it out and still no difference!
So, CWM, believe what you want. I don't believe any of it

Color me gone. No need to live within this World of BS

Bye

Ciao, old timer. You'll come back. You always do.

JB

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scot,

Being as how, I spent my early V12 Years at Purdue ( Until the Battle of
the Bulge) I think my heart may be with the "Colts" but, Ah DA BEARS, I
like Dem and in our devision.

I would say: Toss up. A good game! We should get it with those two
mid-american teams.

Blow the Whistle, I ready

HTML
bgsound src="http://midistudio.com/midi/Carroll/SummerWind.mid/HTML

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Scot,

Being as how, I spent my early V12 Years at Purdue

I'm so sorry. I hope you've finally recovered from the experience. (Go
IU.)

( Until the Battle of
the Bulge) I think my heart may be with the "Colts" but, Ah DA BEARS, I
like Dem and in our devision.

Tough decision. I've been a Bears fan all my life, but the Colts have
really become *our team* here in Indiana. I like Peyton Manning's steadfast
abilities and dedication to his team. Rex Grossman hasn't shown much
devotion to the Bears defense, who've actually won most of their games this
season.
I'm cheering for the Colts, but won't be unhappy with either team winning.

I would say: Toss up. A good game! We should get it with those two
mid-american teams.

Grossman won't be able to withstand the pressure, I suspect. If the Colts
defense rushes him, he'll fold.

Blow the Whistle, I ready

Bring on the beer, chips, and salsa.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote
[...]

This is too funny. Up there in that stupid propeller balance thread Tom quits
because he says it's a bunch of B.S. But even more B.S. in this thread and he starts it.
Duh!

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Scott,

Are you getting a lot of static on you 'net like I am?

You're coming thru good and so is Max but there seems to a lot of
STUPID STATIC trying to say something. Nothing to worry about, just
useless Static

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote
Hey Scott,

Are you getting a lot of static on you 'net like I am?

You're coming thru good and so is Max but there seems to a lot of
STUPID STATIC trying to say something. Nothing to worry about, just
useless Static

Well, I never......

Cheers,
Ellen