posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Baja

Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

Joe

Very edgy, but it's the client I'm working with... :-)

It was fantastic... took about 450 pictures, so I'm doing some editing when
not on the phone. It was a Moorings 4200 catamaran. I would call it a
condoram, but it sure made life easy. We were basically out of touch with
everyone (very poor VHF reception unless the other boat was within a couple
of miles and not hidden inside an inlet, since the canyons blocked just
about everything). No cell service certainly. I considered bringing a sat
phone, so the women would feel more secure, but decided against it. Saw lots
of sea life... pilot and sperm whales, manatas jumping, dolphin, sea lions,
lots of bird life. A pelican landed on the condoram at one point. I have a
picture of him/her wandering around.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

Joe

Here you go... my first batch...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/BajaJanuary2007/

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
JoeHere you go... my first batch...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/BajaJanuary2007/

--
"j" ganz

Cool pics Jon. One of these days we will go back up there.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

JoeHere you go... my first batch...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/BajaJanuary2007/

Did you keep the sea shells?
Why's the guy wearing a lifejacket, holding a GPS?
Looks like mucho motoring weather, only one picture had a decent
looking breeze.

Nice pics.

Joe

--
"j" ganz

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"ladysailor" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
JoeHere you go... my first batch...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/BajaJanuary2007/

--
"j" ganz

Cool pics Jon. One of these days we will go back up there.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

I'm definitely going back. I might buy a second boat in San Diego, which
would make it easier. In negotiations, no more details for now.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Jan 26, 2:57 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in
oglegroups.com...

Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

JoeHere you go... my first batch...

http://sailnow.photosite.com/BajaJanuary2007/

Did you keep the sea shells?
Why's the guy wearing a lifejacket, holding a GPS?
Looks like mucho motoring weather, only one picture had a decent
looking breeze.

Smokey and Red kept the shells. They had to open the bags when we reentered
the US, but customs didn't seem to care.

"The guy" is me, and it was gusting to 30 kts that day. I thought maybe we
might need to reef, but it never happened. Besides, the PFD kept me warm...
didn't bring very many warm clothes. Condoram that it was, it never got over
about 8.5 kts.

It was either blowing like stink at night or under 5 kts during the day.
When we were wearing PFDs, it was the one day when the wind picked up during
the day.
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jan 26, 7:08 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
I'm definitely going back. I might buy a second boat in San Diego, which
would make it easier. In negotiations, no more details for now.

Cool deal. If you get her are you gonna sail her down and then up to
the sea? Would you keep her in La Paz or San Carlos? OK. No more
questions but... Oh, never mind.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jan 26, 7:08 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
I'm definitely going back. I might buy a second boat in San Diego, which
would make it easier. In negotiations, no more details for now.

Cool deal. If you get her are you gonna sail her down and then up to
the sea? Would you keep her in La Paz or San Carlos? OK. No more
questions but... Oh, never mind.

Barb
s/v Arabella
www.sailinglinks.com

If I get her, I'll sail her down, hang for a couple of months, then either
sail her all the way back to SF or leave her for the next season. Probably
La Paz, as I have some connections there. I have another possibility of a
boat I found in the SF area. Mostly it depends on my work situation.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com