posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Baja

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Jon,

How was the trip?

You going to post any pictures?
What kind of boat did you charter?

Did you have any problems? You seems a bit on edge lately.

Joe

Very edgy, but it's the client I'm working with... :-)

It was fantastic... took about 450 pictures, so I'm doing some editing when
not on the phone. It was a Moorings 4200 catamaran. I would call it a
condoram, but it sure made life easy. We were basically out of touch with
everyone (very poor VHF reception unless the other boat was within a couple
of miles and not hidden inside an inlet, since the canyons blocked just
about everything). No cell service certainly. I considered bringing a sat
phone, so the women would feel more secure, but decided against it. Saw lots
of sea life... pilot and sperm whales, manatas jumping, dolphin, sea lions,
lots of bird life. A pelican landed on the condoram at one point. I have a
picture of him/her wandering around.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com