posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Perception of the Day

This is certainly off topic and somewhat political. That's a disclaimer
so you needn't go further if it distresses you.

I grew up in West Michigan, specifically the 5th District. Gerald Ford
was a great part of my life, even as a child. My first remembrance of
him was when I was 12 and our class memorized "Barbara Fretchie" by J.G.
Whittier for a presentation of a flag to our school that had flown over
the Capitol building. Gerald Ford came to our school, we recited our
poem. Those of us who were Girl and Boy Scouts led an honor salute. We
sang "My Country Tis of Thee". Later on, I remember Gerald Ford through
his work in Congress, not only as our Representative but also as Speaker
of the House. I remember going to Washington, DC and being welcomed into
his office as a constituent. Without an appointment. I also knew,
through others, that Gerald Ford responded to personal requests made by
his constituents when they needed assistance with the workings of
government, whether that be to assist with the disability process, or
other things mundane.

O just finished watching his funeral at the National Cathedral. Gerald
Ford was all those things mentioned in his eulogies. Most of you only
know him from the short time he served as VP and President and for the
times he blundered around on the golf course. Henry Kissinger's remarks
were the most apt. Gerald Ford was truly one of the 10 decent men that
keep the world in focus. My heart goes out to his wife and family and I
feel a sense of personal loss for someone that played a great part i my
own life, as a resident of Michigan and as a citizen of the United
States. God bless Gerald R. Ford. I am sure he is a most welcome guest
at the pearly gates.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:
God bless Gerald R. Ford. I am sure he is a most welcome guest
at the pearly gates.

A good American citizen Katy.

He was a hoot at the lodge, a member of the courts royal order of
Jesters.

My cajun comrade in arms sent me this link today. A G.Ford view of that
staircase.

http://www.fallofsaigon.org/ford.htm

Capt. American

posted to alt.sailing.asa

katysails wrote:
This is certainly off topic and somewhat political. That's a disclaimer
so you needn't go further if it distresses you.

The real problems with threads like this are not those who are
distressed, but those who intend to cause it. So I don't see your post
(more below) as needing any disclaimer or apology.

I grew up in West Michigan, specifically the 5th District. Gerald Ford
was a great part of my life, even as a child. My first remembrance of
him was when I was 12 and our class memorized "Barbara Fretchie" by J.G.
Whittier

Excellent poem

for a presentation of a flag to our school that had flown over
the Capitol building. Gerald Ford came to our school, we recited our
poem. Those of us who were Girl and Boy Scouts led an honor salute. We
sang "My Country Tis of Thee".

Sounds pretty cool- I bet if somebody had told him at the time that he
would become President, he'd have laughed in disbelief.

O just finished watching his funeral at the National Cathedral. Gerald
Ford was all those things mentioned in his eulogies. Most of you only
know him from the short time he served as VP and President and for the
times he blundered around on the golf course.

I figured he had to be a truly big man to not blow up at the constant
portrayal of him as a blundering klutz. Ford did a good job at a very
difficult time, and I believe he did what he thought best for the
country. We could use a man like him today.

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)

posted to alt.sailing.asa

wrote
I figured he had to be a truly big man to not blow up at the constant
portrayal of him as a blundering klutz. Ford did a good job at a very
difficult time, and I believe he did what he thought best for the
country. We could use a man like him today.

How come people have to die first before anybody says something nice about them?
I think people would like to have nice things said about them while they're still alive.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
wrote
I figured he had to be a truly big man to not blow up at the constant
portrayal of him as a blundering klutz. Ford did a good job at a very
difficult time, and I believe he did what he thought best for the
country. We could use a man like him today.

How come people have to die first before anybody says something nice about them?
I think people would like to have nice things said about them while they're still alive.

Cheers,
Ellen

It's good to know you're still alive and kicking.

--

Flying Tadpole
----------------------------------

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote:
How come people have to die first before anybody says something nice about them?
I think people would like to have nice things said about them while they're still alive.

OK.
You go first.

IE

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
[...]

Nice post Katy.
I admired President Ford for standing up to good friend, Richard Nixon, and
not allowing him (Nixon) to possess (destroy) the Watergate tapes. That was
a mark of his true character.
Scout

FS: Perception Captiva - 16 ft sea kayak [email protected] General 0 August 23rd 06 03:07 PM
perception or dagger Dxmetal2003 General 3 April 26th 04 02:23 PM
perception or dagger sea touring kayak Dxmetal2003 Touring 0 April 25th 04 06:34 PM
Perception Joe ASA 60 October 17th 03 12:42 PM
Anyone know something about the Perception Avatar? wondering Touring 5 July 31st 03 12:44 PM