Dxmetal2003

Default perception or dagger

I have been paddlinga feathercraft kahuna (25" wide, 14.9 ft) foldable kayak
and now looking to get a new hardshell boat for open ocean expedition touring.

I am 5"8 tall and weight 162 lbs, with inseam of 30.5 inches. I am looking for
the following 2004 boats as possible purchase this summer.

1) Perception 17 eclipse : too big for me ?? too much volume ??

2) Perception 16.5 shadow : too small for me ?? why is the deck height only 10"
in height ?? do i have to stretch my feet straight ??

3) Dagger Halifax 17 : too big for me ?? too wide ? width 23.5 ?

4) Dagger Exodus 16.5 : weird design ?? suppose to be for a little surf play
but its still 23.5 in width ??

Unfortunately i do not have a mean to demo these boats personally before the
purchase. Whatis the weight range for the boats ?? I wish it was as easy as
whitewater boats where the manufacturer display the weight chart for their
boats.

In the past, I have paddled the wilderness systems cape horn 17 before and
found it quite spacious in the cockpit, very easy to get in and out.

HELP !!!!
Michael Daly

On 26-Apr-2004, John Fereira wrote:

What I have to wonder is if he doesn't have the means to demo those boats
personally why limit the choices to Dagger and Perception.

Good question. Of all sea kayak manufacturers, those are two of the least
impressive.

Mike