Joe

Default Perception

The wake surfer brought up and intersting perspective.

Racers vs Cruisers.

My perception has always been that a vessel in route always have the
right of way.

If its a cruiser headed to or from port carrying just crew or 800,000
gallons of fuel they have a purpose and a right.

If it just someone playing a sport, it a game, for fun, yeah haaa.

So the gamers should respect the people and the vessel with a goal and
or a purpose.

Joe.
MSV RedCloud
Wally

Joe wrote:
The wake surfer brought up and intersting perspective.

Racers vs Cruisers.

My perception has always been that a vessel in route always have the
right of way.

The rules that apply between racers and cruisers are the colregs.

That's just as much a pile of elitist bull**** as racers are accused of.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com

katysails

So the gamers should respect the people and the vessel with a goal and
or a purpose.

Racers are entoute and do have a goal and purpose. It is just not YOUR =
goal or purpose. They do have to follow COLREGS, though, in the process =
even though some forget that.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Joe

"katysails" wrote in message ...
So the gamers should respect the people and the vessel with a goal and
or a purpose.

Racers are entoute and do have a goal and purpose. It is just not YOUR
goal or purpose. They do have to follow COLREGS, though, in the process
even though some forget that.

Katy,

If a man is mowing a lawn, would you expect him to stop so you can
play baseball? He's trying to feed his kids. Yet you are just playing
a game.

If a man is sweeping a sidewalk, would you have him stop so you can
Scotty can play jacks?

You may have the right to demand him to stop, But the whole
neighborhood will suffer a dirty sidewalk because you are selfish.

I could care less about the COLREGS.

It's not about the law, it's about the respect.

Joe
MSV RedCloud
Wally

Joe wrote:

If a man is mowing a lawn, would you expect him to stop so you can
play baseball? He's trying to feed his kids. Yet you are just playing
a game.

You started this with the notion of "Cruisers vs Racers". Now you're trying
to turn it into some sort of moral argument. Cruisers, it seems to me,
cruise for pleasure.

I could care less about the COLREGS.

Do you also think that truckers should be allowed to drive on the wrong side
of the road because they're making a living from driving? How about taxi
drivers? Or taxi drivers taking people to a party? What if there are taxi
drivers taking people to a party and truckers in contention for the same bit
of road? Who gets priority then?

It's not about the law, it's about the respect.

What on earth are you talking about? It's not about the law or respect, it's
about *safety*.

--
Wally
www.makearatherlonglinkthattakesyounowhere.com
Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Simple Simon

Joe,

I'm surprised at you making an ignorant statement like you could
care less about the COLREGS. Everybody who cares about safe
and sane operation of boats of all kinds would do well to learn the
COLREGS. Even if you aren't concerned about safety you should
be concerned about liability. Knowing and following the COLREGS
will eventually save you far more trouble than the little time spent
avoiding acquiring this valuable knowledge.

I recommend you visit my website and read the Novice Lessons
where I give a very good and thorough explaination in layman's
terms of the COLREGS.

http://www.homestead.com/captneal/lesson.html

S.Simon - knows the COLREGS better than any other individual
here and better than all the tugboat captains combined
which includes Rick, Otnmbrd, Morris, and Shen44.

"Joe" wrote in message om...
"katysails" wrote in message ...
[...]

Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
It's not about the law, it's about the respect.

No, Joe ... it's about a system that allows all of us to use the sea without
killing each other.

I'm beginning to think that the redness of your neck is probably due to the
tension in your sphincter!

Regards

Donal

Simple Simon

In a fog, as soon as vessels concerned come within sight of one
another the sailboat is the stand-on vessel with respect to the
motor vessel

This means in a fog (when in sight) the pecking order applies.

This loophole in the Rules is something that seems to go right
over the heads of the group's tugboat captains. They cannot
fathom the fact that 'in sight' also exists in restricted visibility
as in a fog. Since 'in sight' exists in a fog then the pecking order
exists in a fog. This is so logical that it cannot be argued.

Yet the fools continue to argue it . . .

S.Simon