posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bad design?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Capt. JG wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
news
Why do you say that? What's wrong with pitchpoling?

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
These multihulls pitchpole in smooth water. What's with that? Bad
design?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSKI1RN9Co

Cheers,
Ellen

Reminds me of when I was sailing in college... the most fun you can have
with your clothes on.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Only time I ever sailed a Hobi 16 we pitchpoled it in a thunderstorm
that came up suddenly. The shrouds tore out of the hulls and the mast
broke.

We sailed a larger hobi and a prindle.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
These multihulls pitchpole in smooth water. What's with that? Bad design?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSKI1RN9Co

Cheers,
Ellen

Come on, you can do better than that. Are you still using water state to
estimate windspeeds in confined waters?

--

Flying Tadpole