posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Dana 24

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:14:45 -0700, Steve Dooley wrote:

After looking at many, many pocket cruisers, examining my needs once
again and listening to some rock solid advice given here, I've decided
the best cruiser for me is the Dana 24:

http://www.pacificseacraft.com/dana24.htm

I've got a number of questions and hopefully some of you can help me
out. I plan to buy a new one so I can get exactly what I want. What
are the advatanges and disadvantages of the cutter rig? Is it smart to
use roller furlings for both sails? What is typical water usage per
person per day? Will the extra water tank option change the balance of
the boat? Can I convert the water tank into a diesel tank? Does anyone
here own one?

Thanks in advance for all your knowledgeable help!

Steve Dooley

So I wonder why you wasted our collective time seeking advice for a
boat in the 16-19' range?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Frank Boettcher wrote:

So I wonder why you wasted our collective time seeking advice for a
boat in the 16-19' range?

Because he has absolutely no intention of actually buying one.

While the Dana is a great boat, certainly on the short list of 24 foot
passage makers, it is also 6000 pounds and can only marginally be
considered trailerable. "Transportable" is probably a better term.
There are a number of other boats in this range to consider, such as
the Nor'sea 27.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:44:52 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

[...]

Because "Steve Dooley" does not exist. Same person who also posts as
"Lloyd Bonifide". Both are imaginary characters taken from the Phil
Hendrie Radio Show.

CWM

And we all know who listens or listened to the Phol Hendrie Show...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Nellen!

CWM

You win the big prize! (gotta go figure out what that is...)
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Sorry CWM,

I gave Katy credit when it should have been you for the intro of
"Nellen"

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message

Because "Steve Dooley" does not exist.

Neither does Charlie Morgan

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:30:41 -0500, "Scotty"

wrote:

"katy" wrote in message

Because "Steve Dooley" does not exist.

Neither does Charlie Morgan

I'm not surprised , I'm confused.

Your also an idiot.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:19:48 -0500, "Scotty"

wrote:

Because "Steve Dooley" does not exist.

Neither does Charlie Morgan

I'm not surprised , I'm confused.

Your also an idiot.

I'm an idiot?

yes.

The Dana 24 Thom Stewart ASA 0 December 14th 06 04:34 AM
The Dana 24 Joe ASA 0 December 14th 06 02:54 AM
Not a dockside entertainment center!!!!!! Bob Crantz ASA 9 February 1st 06 03:13 AM
Sailing Dana Point to Marina Del Rey round trip. Mick Davies Cruising 10 October 5th 04 01:31 AM
Kayaking out of Dana Point, CA Brian Sheets General 3 February 7th 04 05:36 PM