Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default The Dana 24

Steve wrote:
After looking at many, many pocket cruisers, examining my needs once
again and listening to some rock solid advice given here, I've decided
the best cruiser for me is the Dana 24:

http://www.pacificseacraft.com/dana24.htm

I've got a number of questions and hopefully some of you can help me
out. I plan to buy a new one so I can get exactly what I want. What
are the advatanges and disadvantages of the cutter rig? Is it smart to
use roller furlings for both sails? What is typical water usage per
person per day? Will the extra water tank option change the balance of
the boat? Can I convert the water tank into a diesel tank? Does anyone
here own one?

Thanks in advance for all your knowledgeable help!

Steve Dooley

Maybe Captian America will see your posting, he sailed one from Seattle
to Hawaii thru the canal to Florida, before he bought his Oyster...But
he may still be in the Med. He gave his Dana to his daughter U think
it's still in Pt. St. Joe.

It's a nice boat, i tried to get on one here in the yard heading down
to Pt. Aransas this weekend, but 4 would be a crowd.

Joe