Brian Sheets

Default Kayaking out of Dana Point, CA

I was flying this morning (I'm a flight instructor) over Dana Point
and saw a bunch of people kayaking out just off the breakwater. I used
to kayak quite a bit up in Monterey and wonder if anyone that kayaks
around there or Mission Bay down in San Diego is here.

I'd like to get back into it although I don't have my own boat
anymore, so I would have to rent.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Brian
Geoff Jennings

You can rent boats from Southwind Kayaks out of Irvine. In the summer they
have boats available in Dana Point, but they aren't supposed to leave the
harbor.

They also do lessons in the area, or you can rent a boat from the store.

Geoff Jennings (no longer working there = )

"Brian Sheets" wrote in message
om...
I was flying this morning (I'm a flight instructor) over Dana Point
and saw a bunch of people kayaking out just off the breakwater. I used
to kayak quite a bit up in Monterey and wonder if anyone that kayaks
around there or Mission Bay down in San Diego is here.

I'd like to get back into it although I don't have my own boat
anymore, so I would have to rent.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Brian

Bill Stainbrook

Brian,
I visit Dana Pt. several times a year and paddle with friends out of the
Harbor. There are quite a number of regular groups who gather to paddle
from the Baby Beach at the north end of the marina. Every Sunday a group
group of older people go out and usually paddle north past Salt Creek
and return. Check them out.
Bill