posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Doug's Carbon Fiber Wonder

DSK wrote:
katysails wrote:

Yippeee!! A new toy to try out! Looks good, Doug.

Thanks. You're signing on for the trial voyage, right? I already have
the oars.

If I had more time, I'd complete a sailing rig for it, but I'm losing my
work shop next week.

DSK

You betcha....I'm game...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:

More new pics

The fairing layer, partly sanded off.
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/275...35692614NTiuGw

Last few dabs of fairing, first few dabs of paint
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/245...35692614VHryVr

If the weather stays nice (clear, highs around 70) I will be
able to finish sanding the hull and get a full coat of paint
laid on this afternoon. The interior needs a little bit more
sanding but is 99.9% ready to be painted also.

I am hoping that some time next week, I will be able to
report how the thing works!

Looking good Doug, how many horses do you suppose you could hang on the
transom, I want to go water-skiing!

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Martin Baxter wrote:
Looking good Doug,

Thank you!

... how many horses do you suppose you could hang on the
transom, I want to go water-skiing!

Hmm, the bouyancy calculation went up to 650 lbs... that
means it should easily hold one of JimC's 70hp outboards...

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Without the Mac I suppose... in that case it isn't a sailboat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
Martin Baxter wrote:
Looking good Doug,

Thank you!

... how many horses do you suppose you could hang on the
transom, I want to go water-skiing!

Hmm, the bouyancy calculation went up to 650 lbs... that means it should
easily hold one of JimC's 70hp outboards...

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

DSK wrote:

Martin Baxter wrote:
? Looking good Doug,

Thank you!

?

Hmm, the bouyancy calculation went up to 650 lbs... that
means it should easily hold one of JimC's 70hp outboards...

That ought to do it, probably sail better with a bedsheet, broomstick
and canoe paddles for leeboards than Jim's too!

Cheers
Marty

carbon fiber paddle [email protected] General 3 August 28th 06 04:26 AM
Carbon Fiber Marc Reeves Boat Building 13 April 13th 06 10:08 PM
Ping:... Joe Capt.Mooron ASA 24 March 31st 06 08:06 PM
Great article about boating in the LA Times Jason Boat Building 15 August 31st 04 07:42 AM
Great article in the LA Times Jason General 0 August 24th 04 06:28 PM