posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What I find interseting...

What I find really interesting is, that whenever a ROR, or
ColRegs question pops up, there's *always* an argument on
interpretation between the experts and ''Capts." here. To
hear the goings on here you would think there'd be a lot
more accidents than what there already is.

I don't have a Capt license, nor do I want one. I haven't
read all the rules and regs., and even if I did I wouldn't
remember 90% of them. When I sail I basically use common
sense and try to be safe.

Just a thought.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The arguments are good. I'd bet you have picked up quite a bit
from listening in.

If you are like me after a while, the noise is greater than the content
and you tune out of the threads that die too slowly.

"Scotty" wrote
What I find really interesting is, that whenever a ROR, or
ColRegs question pops up, there's *always* an argument on
interpretation between the experts and ''Capts." here. To
hear the goings on here you would think there'd be a lot
more accidents than what there already is.

I don't have a Capt license, nor do I want one. I haven't
read all the rules and regs., and even if I did I wouldn't
remember 90% of them. When I sail I basically use common
sense and try to be safe.

Just a thought.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
What I find really interesting is, that whenever a ROR, or
ColRegs question pops up, there's *always* an argument on
interpretation between the experts and ''Capts." here. To
hear the goings on here you would think there'd be a lot
more accidents than what there already is.

Perhaps it's fortunate that the "experts" and "captains" herein aren't
actually doing commercial work on the water, Pete excepted.

I don't have a Capt license, nor do I want one. I haven't
read all the rules and regs., and even if I did I wouldn't
remember 90% of them. When I sail I basically use common
sense and try to be safe.

Yup. I avoid commercial vessels like the plague. And I try to avoid
shipping lanes and channels whenever possible.

Several years ago a fishing tug disappeared on Lake Michigan on a clear,
calm, sunny day without a trace. It was almost a year before they located
the wreck. It had been crushed, and linear red paint streaks were all over
the boat. The investigation was relatively easy, and the red barge that ran
the tug down was located in Chicago, sporting damage to the bow and
underbelly. Charges were filed and the "captain" who skippered the tug
pushing the barge either faces trial for, or has been convicted of,
negligent homicide--I can't recall which.

Rather supports your theory stated in your first paragraph, Scoot.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Am I Scoot or is Scotty Scoot?? :-o
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Scotty = Scooter = Scoot.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in m

Several years ago a fishing tug disappeared on Lake

Michigan on a clear,
calm, sunny day without a trace. It was almost a year

before they
located the wreck. It had been crushed, and linear red

paint streaks
were all over the boat. The investigation was

relatively easy, and the
red barge that ran the tug down was located in Chicago,

sporting damage
to the bow and underbelly. Charges were filed and the

"captain" who
skippered the tug pushing the barge either faces trial

for, or has been
convicted of, negligent homicide--I can't recall which.

Rather supports your theory stated in your first

paragraph, Scoot.

Am I Scoot or is Scotty Scoot?? :-o
Scout

Scotty = Scooter = Scoot.

Also known as Capt Neal, Binary Bill, Joe Redcloud, OzOne,
Dr. Armpit, Jax, Loco, Marty, Capt Mooron, Nav, Bart and
Max.

SBVCNBBJRODAJLMCMNBM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in m

[...]

You're me? How am I enjoying living in Pennsylvania?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote
| Yup. I avoid commercial vessels like the plague. And I try to avoid
| shipping lanes and channels whenever possible.

Me too! Can't you just tell from otn. *His* colreg rules are all for the big ships.
"Little boats don't really count, IMHO G". I don't think he understands the meaning
of the word *severe*. He thinks one little boat towing another one has severely limited
maneuverability. Duh! Jeff's just as bad. But, Jeff is like a politician. He can't seem
to say it plain and clear. He covers all bases. But, he doesn't stand firm on any of them....

Cheers,
Ellen