posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Big flooding here

Major problems, might of lost both cars ;0(

Pictures later

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
Major problems, might of lost both cars ;0(

Pictures later

Joe

Wow...that's too bad, Joe. Will be waiting to hear your report.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Joe wrote:
Major problems, might of lost both cars ;0(

Pictures later

Hmm, hope not. How deep did they go?

Why the flooding? No hurricanes!

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
Major problems, might of lost both cars ;0(

Pictures later

Hmm, hope not. How deep did they go?

Both bobbin, I did start them moved to the higest ground, then jacked
them up on cinder blocks. The truck starter started it's last time. We
jacked both up over a foot. We could not get off the island last night
due to high wind driven tides. Woke up at 4 because it felt like I was
underway at a fast speed hobbie horseing. That was waves coming over
the island. Started saving the cars then, got a floor jack out of one
of the shops and jacked them up out of the water. Seems to be holding
for now. Heavy rain so I'm not sure what happened in the cars yet

My whole island is under... lost a dock beer fridge and who knows what
else. Even had a baby rat bite me...little ****ball.

Why the flooding? No hurricanes!

Wind steady 25-gusting 40+ from the south, heavy heavy rains to the
north flooding the streams, all meeting here...the perfect storm. High
tide at 9am. All added up for a bad bad morning.

Joe

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Cars and trucks on cinderblocks, refrigerators floating in the water, rat
bites, etc.

So how could you tell something extraordinary was going on?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Gilligan wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Not funny Gilligan...Sound funny as hell...but I assure you it sucks.

What the hay...just another day in paradise...Part of what you have to
pay if you live on the waters edge. Nothing to do but wait and watch,
if it gets deeper I have giant wood blocks they set boats on in the
yard and can jack up the cars another 5 ft if needed. Nice dry and cool
onboard RedCloud.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gilligan wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Your predicament is not funny at all. You have my sympathy. From your
description I thought you were in NYC, now I realize you are at home. Hope
all dries out for you. Remember to change the oil in the axles.

What the hay...just another day in paradise...Part of what you have to
pay if you live on the waters edge. Nothing to do but wait and watch,
if it gets deeper I have giant wood blocks they set boats on in the
yard and can jack up the cars another 5 ft if needed. Nice dry and cool
onboard RedCloud.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote
Started saving the cars then, got a floor jack out of one
| of the shops and jacked them up out of the water. Seems to be holding
| for now. Heavy rain so I'm not sure what happened in the cars yet

Joe, I've a hint for you. It worked for the tide surge floods here last year during
Wilma. Get the biggest blue tarp you can find. Lay it out on the ground. Drive your car
onto it. Park it right in the middle. Then bring up the tarp all around your car and
tie it on top with a rope. As long as the tarp doesn't have a hole or get a hole your
car will even float but it'll stay dry. It's a cheap way to save your car from a small
flood. I guess it's too late this time but remember it next time.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

I call bull **** on that one.

--
jlrogers±³©
"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Joe" wrote
Started saving the cars then, got a floor jack out of one
| of the shops and jacked them up out of the water. Seems to be holding
| for now. Heavy rain so I'm not sure what happened in the cars yet

Joe, I've a hint for you. It worked for the tide surge floods here last
year during
Wilma. Get the biggest blue tarp you can find. Lay it out on the ground.
Drive your car
onto it. Park it right in the middle. Then bring up the tarp all around
your car and
tie it on top with a rope. As long as the tarp doesn't have a hole or get
a hole your
car will even float but it'll stay dry. It's a cheap way to save your car
from a small
flood. I guess it's too late this time but remember it next time.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Even had a baby rat bite me...little ****ball.

You didn't, by chance, have some hollandaise sauce on your leg, didja?

Max