JimH

Default Hey Chuck, I heard it has......................

..........rained in Seattle for 24 straight days! Have you finished
building the Ark yet?

JimH wrote:
.........rained in Seattle for 24 straight days! Have you finished
building the Ark yet?

Naw. I think I got the instructions confused. I got lost when I tried
to "go fer" wood, and while my inclination would be to saw it into
planks for some reason ark building requires that one "cube" it.

It has been raining, sometimes hard, for at least some portion of the
last 24 days.
The record is something like 33 days.

My ark will be diesel powered, of course, and fully provisioned for an
offshore voyage of 40 days and 40 nights. I think a watermaker will be
essential.

JohnH

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:20:30 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudadATyahooDOT com
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On 10 Jan 2006 21:25:43 -0800, wrote:

JimH wrote:
.........rained in Seattle for 24 straight days! Have you finished
building the Ark yet?

Naw. I think I got the instructions confused. I got lost when I tried
to "go fer" wood, and while my inclination would be to saw it into
planks for some reason ark building requires that one "cube" it.

It has been raining, sometimes hard, for at least some portion of the
last 24 days.
The record is something like 33 days.

My ark will be diesel powered, of course, and fully provisioned for an
offshore voyage of 40 days and 40 nights. I think a watermaker will be
essential.

Here's my question (asked of several who have come to my door asking if I
believed the Bible):

Please take your religious posts to
www.religion.com. It is obvious you are
trolling for an argument about the Bible John.

If my post indicated such to you, then I apologize. I intended to be a
little humorous, not to start a flame war.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes

JimH

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:20:30 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudadATyahooDOT com
wrote:

. ..

JimH wrote:
[...]

John, mine was also made in humor to make a point.

JimH

" JimH" jimh_osudadATyahooDOT com wrote in message
news

JimH wrote:
[...]

PS. What I think about the new and improved NG:

I appreciate the new tone. However, I think that everyone needs to step
back and stop the netcopping (as I have been guilty of in the past, and
perhaps am guilty of with this post). I think folks should be allowed to
post whatever they want to. I think that folks should take it upon
themselves to decide what discussions they want to participate in. I think
some folks here need to remain consistent on what they find acceptable and
not acceptable here (I know I do).

What do you think?

DownTime

JimH wrote:
PS. What I think about the new and improved NG:

I appreciate the new tone. However, I think that everyone needs to step
back and stop the netcopping (as I have been guilty of in the past, and
perhaps am guilty of with this post). I think folks should be allowed to
post whatever they want to. I think that folks should take it upon
themselves to decide what discussions they want to participate in. I think
some folks here need to remain consistent on what they find acceptable and
not acceptable here (I know I do).

What do you think?

i think the more you talk about the rules and netcopping other , the
more it encourages people to bait you into action. heck i enjoy sarcasm
and stirring the proverbial pot on occaion, but there are some subjects
which i chose to ignore. the simple fact is that people can be strongly
biased and no amount of logic, facts, or common sense will get them to
change their mind to agree with me.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how much I may
disagree with it.
JohnH

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 08:20:30 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudadATyahooDOT com
wrote:

m...

JimH wrote:
[...]

I think there are some folks who take a reminder gracefully. I think there
are some folks who want to fight and look for *any* way to start one.

I like bass's rule: Do unto others ...etc, but it only works up to a point.
There seem to be *some* folks who enjoy back and forth name-calling and
flaming. They get some kind of pleasure out of it.