posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Wind gen (reply from poster)

I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Barry Gordon wrote:
I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.

Well, go down to Bridgeponte Marina in New Bern, NC and stand on B dock
during a windstorm...that will clarigy matters for you. I'm sure the
systems there are older than what you're looking at...and they are noisy...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Barry, take a lude.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Barry Gordon" wrote in message
I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Barry Gordon" wrote in message
I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.

Hi Barry, I know you'll read here again so there's no need for pretense.
Some of us took your OP seriously and a sincere discussion did happen. If
you didn't get the answer you wanted, then keep looking, but don't blame
others for saying what's on their minds (or if you do blame others, don't
expect anyone to care or change what they have to say).
By the way - do the manufacturers specs not speak for themselves in terms of
performance? If so, what else besides personal opinions would you expect to
find here?
I like the idea of "free" energy and I said so. I can't tell you much more,
but if the day should come where I spend longer periods on my boat, I am
glad to know the downside of wind generated electric. This is a good group
and very knowledgeable, don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Barry Gordon wrote:
I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.

Hey Pansey Boy,

I backed you up, and put the whining trailor sailor putzes straight.
You seems to be such a cry baby I suggest you never take off for
hawaii, the waves might hurt your feelings to much.

Now just WTF was not addressed in the replys? You want someone to pick
out a unit for you? OK...... Buy the FN ampair and stuff it up yor
arrse!

Get Lost!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message Now just WTF was not
addressed in the replys? You want someone to pick
out a unit for you? OK...... Buy the FN ampair and stuff it up yor
arrse!

Get Lost!

Try another cup of coffee Joe...... did your snoring echoing through that
metal hull keep you awake last night? They say pink is a soothing colour...
maybe consider painting RedCloud Pink... you could change the name to
PinkCloud.

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt.Mooron wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message Now just WTF was not
addressed in the replys? You want someone to pick
out a unit for you? OK...... Buy the FN ampair and stuff it up yor
arrse!

Get Lost!

Try another cup of coffee Joe...... did your snoring echoing through that
metal hull keep you awake last night? They say pink is a soothing colour...
maybe consider painting RedCloud Pink... you could change the name to
PinkCloud.

CM-

I'm on my 3 rd mug of 100% colombian...Slept like a log last night.

Just the Barry fellow seems like he needs a bitch slapping, he would
never make it here so it best just to shove him off the ASA pier and
not look back, the water will take care of him.

You want to coddle the putz feel free. If he's to FN stupid to look up
the specs, and compare cost then thats his problem. FN retard comes
here expecting a consumer report 4 bar graph with preformance specs,
cost, bearing life, voltage output, regulator info, wiring specs,
ect.ect.ect..... then pitches a bitch when people tell him of what they
have seen and heard, real pratical knowledge this putz ingnores.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message

You want to coddle the putz feel free. If he's to FN stupid to look up
the specs, and compare cost then thats his problem. FN retard comes
here expecting a consumer report 4 bar graph with preformance specs,
cost, bearing life, voltage output, regulator info, wiring specs,
ect.ect.ect..... then pitches a bitch when people tell him of what they
have seen and heard, real pratical knowledge this putz ingnores.

Are you implying that ASA as a collective is unconsciously incompetent by
only quoting second hand info and results from antiquated equipment
parameters?

Nobody here seems to have a wind gen..... how they feel able to relate
opinion or experience is somewhat beyond me. We understand that Chucky
merely posts so he can be certain to be heard and thus feel important enough
to contribute.... but since what he contributed was not addressing the
question, never mind it contained dated personal opinion that could be
obtained from the dumbest dock urchin... it merely validates Barry's opinion
that the replies did not contain sufficient information to qualify as an
address to his inquiry.

I do believe Barry has judged the group on it's lowest denominator of
idiotic replies... in this case presented by Chucky. I'm certain we'll
continue to be assessed as that until Chucky has a revelation and realizes
he is as dumb as a carrot. We all know Chucky is a dipstick with the brain
waves of a clam.... Newbies may not.. until they are subject to a reply
containing the type of drooling idiocy that Chucky is famous for.

Let's face it.... Chucky is an idiotic arsehole.

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Barry Gordon" wrote
| I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
| Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
| didn't hear a thing.

So, your deaf! That doesn't mean people who CAN hear aren't disturbed by the noise....
I bet you slam your hatches too. I just hate that!

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote
| Nobody here seems to have a wind gen..... how they feel able to relate
| opinion or experience is somewhat beyond me.

So your saying men aren't qualified to be gynecologists?

Cheers,
Ellen

Could a fan in front of a sail increase speed? [email protected] General 20 July 25th 06 04:15 AM
36 foot waves forecasted for Florida western panhandle Wayne.B General 39 September 21st 04 06:07 PM
A few sailing questions John Cruising 8 September 18th 04 03:03 PM
Nasty, Nasty, Crazy Day Sailing Today Bart Senior ASA 50 November 17th 03 06:40 AM