posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout Scout is offline

Default Wind gen (reply from poster)

"Barry Gordon" wrote in message
I'm more than a little disappointed with the quality of the
you know nothing about. I've had my ear fifteen feet from a spinning
Ampair, Aero4gen, and Aero6gen on a fifteen to twenty knot day and
didn't hear a thing. We're going to be living on the boat for
months, so I take the comments about the, 'need', for electricity on
my boat with the same interest as if you were telling me I don't need
electricity in my home. Don't bother replying to this - I won't be
reading them. I won't even ever look at this group again.

Hi Barry, I know you'll read here again so there's no need for pretense.
Some of us took your OP seriously and a sincere discussion did happen. If
you didn't get the answer you wanted, then keep looking, but don't blame
others for saying what's on their minds (or if you do blame others, don't
expect anyone to care or change what they have to say).
By the way - do the manufacturers specs not speak for themselves in terms of
performance? If so, what else besides personal opinions would you expect to
find here?
I like the idea of "free" energy and I said so. I can't tell you much more,
but if the day should come where I spend longer periods on my boat, I am
glad to know the downside of wind generated electric. This is a good group
and very knowledgeable, don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Scout