posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default DC WhisperGen

So are you saying your brother uses a genset to power an electric
lawnmower? That sounds a bit tedious.

BTW, I use a battery powered mower, but I only have about 4000 feet of
lawn.

Bart wrote:
I have to admit those Honda generators and
motors in general are pretty quiet.

My brother has one on his lawnmower and it sounds
like he is two houses away when he cuts the lawn.

wrote:
I stand corrected.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Bart wrote:

It is good that it's cost is lower. At the lower price you can afford
get a new one when it starts to rust and fall apart in harsh salt air.

Leaving aside the rest, this is basically wrong. I have over a dozen
Honda gensets in store and we use them in very harsh conditions, on sea
ice. They hold up fine. Yes, they will rust if you don't take a modicum
of care of them, but it'll take a long time before they fall apart.
None of ours has as yet.

That's my opinion based on years of use in the field. Take it FWIW.

PDW

posted to alt.sailing.asa

My Honda 4-stroke outboard was very quiet, only problem was,
it reminded me of mowing the lawn.

Scotty

"Bart" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
I have to admit those Honda generators and
motors in general are pretty quiet.

My brother has one on his lawnmower and it sounds
like he is two houses away when he cuts the lawn.

wrote:
I stand corrected.