posted to alt.sailing.asa
Peter Peter is offline

Default DC WhisperGen

Bart wrote:

It is good that it's cost is lower. At the lower price you can afford
get a new one when it starts to rust and fall apart in harsh salt air.

Leaving aside the rest, this is basically wrong. I have over a dozen
Honda gensets in store and we use them in very harsh conditions, on sea
ice. They hold up fine. Yes, they will rust if you don't take a modicum
of care of them, but it'll take a long time before they fall apart.
None of ours has as yet.

That's my opinion based on years of use in the field. Take it FWIW.

PDW