posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Silver sail

Well we went out last night at sunset. Here we had light winds around
10 kts. We crossed the shipping channel and dropped the sport shrimp
net. It's a 25ft mouth and has 4 ft doors. On a broad reach all the
way to the Trinity river making about 2 kts dragging the net. We caught
around 25 lbs of brown shrimp, 3 nice flounders, and about 40 blue
crabs.

The breeze last night was around 10-15 and the rain storms were on and
off all night.

Normally here whenyou see a bad ass rain storm heading your way you
can expect 50 kt gusts. we saw several Big waves of rain heading our
way so I doused the head sails and set a double reef in the main and
mizzen and as soon as the heavy rain hit it was almost calm, the wind
stopped. We had to pull up the net to get going again. Got around 25
lbs of 15-20 shrimp and lots of cull including a few flounders and a
huge rainbow trout.

Bonus is we caught around 15 soft shell blue crabs!!!!! If you have
never ad a soft shell crab deep fried you have never lived. 8 boats at
anchor at Redfish island so we chose to keep sailing all night, the
girls manned the wheel all night and I slept to sun-up when the smell
of bacon and eggs woke me up. We had heavy rain all day. So heavy every
drop spit a huge silver BB into the air, the water was silver, the
clouds were silver and the rain was cool and came in silver waves.
Silver sail IMO.

The rain is cool, do not have to wash the cull slime and such off the
stern. Still have a big crab on deck, he was so mean ll let him go.
Even skipppe respects that crab!

Did you sail?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Silver sail - betweenHighIsland and Pot Islandlooking south.jpg (0/1)

"Krusty Morgan" wrote ...

Touched reality at about 3:30 pm today.
The last time I had touched reality was early
Thursday morning, Nov 7th, 1985. It was great.

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Scotty wrote:
Great report Joe!

We had a good time, but for some reason my tranny fluid looks milky.
I guess the heat exchanger failed, haven't had a chance to find out
yet.

That's the only way I can think that water coulda gotten N the fluid.
Now I'm ****ed I did not buy a spare exchanger I saw in the bargian bin
at Bluewater for 100 bucks a few mo. back.

Joe

Scotty

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
.
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 08:43:43 -0400, "Scotty"
wrote:

"Krusty Morgan" wrote ...

Touched reality at about 3:30 pm today.
The last time I had touched reality was early
Thursday morning, Nov 7th, 1985. It was great.

CWM

Scotty,

Is this really the best you can do? You have proven to be a one trick
pony, and
the one trick you have is not really much to brag about. If this is your
best
work, then perhaps you would appear more creative by not posting at all.
This
lame re-wording stunt doesn't really cut it any more... if it ever did.

It made me laugh. But then just about everything about you makes me laugh.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Did you sail?

Joe

Touched land at about 3:30 pm today. The last time I had touched land was early
Thursday morning. It was great.

CWM

Been sailing all weekend... nice.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Krusty Morgan" wrote

Touched reality at about 3:30 pm today.
The last time I had touched reality was early
Thursday morning, Nov 7th, 1985. It was great.

CWM
Is this really the best you can do? You have proven to

be a one trick
pony, and
the one trick you have is not really much to brag

about. If this is your
best
work, then perhaps you would appear more creative by

not posting at all.
This
lame re-wording stunt doesn't really cut it any more...

if it ever did.

It made me laugh. But then just about everything about

you makes me laugh.

Max

I'm not surprised I made you laugh. It's just reinforces
the adage that Krusty The Clown is a bumbling idiot..

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Sounds like Joe is having some fun down there in the GoM.

The weather has been perfect here. Extreme tides
have made things intersting. Saw one boat high and
dry. Spotted a few reefs exposed I had never seen
exposed. Low was in the minus 1 foot range. There is
only one charted reef left in the harbor I have not seen.
I found a few unreported new rocks--hit one of them,
that I'd like to add to my charts. I'd like to go back and
see if I can find the other again--it showed up on the
depth finder and could have been a big fish.

I'm thinking about setting a few lobster traps--a friend
offered to loan me a trap.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

Been sailing all weekend... nice.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Well, we've been sailing, so I guess there are people doing that. :-) I'm
teaching all this week in the afternoons. Gone in a hour or so.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Sail Ho! [email protected] General 1 September 9th 05 10:54 PM
Sail boats that don't sail... Tim General 3 August 2nd 05 12:26 AM
Wanted: DN Sail for Donation or cheap for BSA Troop Rob General 0 February 23rd 04 02:30 PM
sail horsepower? William R. Watt Boat Building 21 November 5th 03 02:36 AM
Birds nests in sail folds?? Steve Cruising 9 September 18th 03 03:14 AM