posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bob Crantz was Right!!!

Bob was right....the 35s5 was the perfect boat...fast and comfortable.
He was also right in that we are actually sailing more with Thomas in
our lives. Not to mention that sailing itself is even brighter!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...

Bob was right....

Yup.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...

Bob was right....the 35s5 was the perfect boat...fast and comfortable.

Dunno about that. The 41s5 I sailed this weekend wasn't too shabby. Talk
about fast.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

ps.com...

Bob was right....the 35s5 was the perfect boat...fast

and comfortable.

Dunno about that. The 41s5 I sailed this weekend wasn't

too shabby. Talk
about fast.

Yes, but that's out of Sudsy's price range.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

ps.com...

Bob was right....the 35s5 was the perfect boat...fast

and comfortable.

Dunno about that. The 41s5 I sailed this weekend wasn't

too shabby. Talk
about fast.

Yes, but that's out of Sudsy's price range.

But not out of mine. If we decide to buy her, Bubbles won't have bragging
rights any longer. It's not exactly the boat we're looking for, but I'm
half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut Bubbles up. g
(for a while, anyway, until he buy a new minivan or camera or something).

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Maxprop wrote:
But not out of mine. If we decide to buy her, Bubbles won't have bragging
rights any longer. It's not exactly the boat we're looking for, but I'm
half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut Bubbles up. g
(for a while, anyway, until he buy a new minivan or camera or something).

Don't do it. There's a Baltic out there with your name
written on it.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Maxprop wrote:
"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Maxprop" wrote in message
.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

ps.com...

Bob was right....the 35s5 was the perfect boat...fast

and comfortable.

Dunno about that. The 41s5 I sailed this weekend wasn't

too shabby. Talk
about fast.

Yes, but that's out of Sudsy's price range.

But not out of mine. If we decide to buy her, Bubbles won't have bragging
rights any longer. It's not exactly the boat we're looking for, but I'm
half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut Bubbles up. g
(for a while, anyway, until he buy a new minivan or camera or something).

Max

Just buy this and have your friends pose behind it
http://shop.sailnet.com/images/edson/639.jpg

The Elan 37 here in the marina has a 3 spoke 5'er...Bubbles would be
blue with envy.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It's not exactly the boat we're looking for, but I'm
half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut Bubbles
up.

Why is that? I like the 41s5 and looked at one for a bit at the time
Suzanne was thinking of a new C&C 99. The 41s5 was more boat for about
the same money. We made the right choice. The 35s5 is plenty of boat
for our daysailing, fast and fun. The interior is just right. The
bigger 41s5 would have been way too much for now and a C&C 99's
performance wasted on our timid sailing with Thomas on board. You might
want something more classic looking, but there is no doubt that a 45s5
sails great and has a wonderful interior. We had one two years ago here
as a long term transient from Germany. Her owner had made Atlantic
crossings with her several times and loved the boat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

It's not exactly the boat we're looking for, but I'm
half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut

Bubbles
up.

Why is that? I like the 41s5 and looked at one for a bit

at the time
Suzanne was thinking of a new C&C 99. The 41s5 was more

boat for about
the same money. We made the right choice. The 35s5 is

plenty of boat
for our daysailing, fast and fun. The interior is just

right. The
bigger 41s5 would have been way too much for now and a C&C

99's
performance wasted on our timid sailing with Thomas on

board.

Translation; Bob can't afford it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

.. .

Maxprop wrote:
But not out of mine. If we decide to buy her, Bubbles won't have
bragging rights any longer. It's not exactly the boat we're looking for,
but I'm half tempted to buy it if for no other reason than to shut
Bubbles up. g (for a while, anyway, until he buy a new minivan or
camera or something).

Don't do it. There's a Baltic out there with your name written on it.

The Baltics we've examined seem to fall into two groups--1) beat to Hell,
and 2) pristine with an astronomical price. Nothing in between. We flew to
Annapolis a month ago to look at three, but only got to see two as one owner
was cruising in his. The first was impressive, but priced so far over BUC
that we'd never be able to recoup even a decent fraction of our investment
when parting with it. The second was so severely neglected that it would
require in excess of $75K to bring it back to reasonable condition. Of
course the brokerage misrepresented the second one ("very clean and
well-maintained"), and told us the absent boat would be there as well. So
much for those idiots.

Last week I drove to see another one near Chicago, but it, too, was in sad
shape with lots of equipment stripped off and sold, apparently. No
spinnaker pole (!), no sails beyond the original, blown-out main, genny, and
a torn spinnaker for which there is no pole (!), and a mount for KVH
instruments, but no instruments (!). And a big, gaping hole where a propane
stove/oven once resided. Price was okay, but the boat disappointing.

We're still looking, however.

Max

Another Loss for Bob Crantz Capt. Rob ASA 4 August 17th 06 03:58 AM
Reverend Crantz is not Bob Crantz Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 28th 06 05:08 AM
Crantz: The only real sailor left Bluto ASA 7 March 30th 06 03:37 AM
Bob Crantz has NO BOAT! Capt. Rob ASA 17 January 27th 06 11:42 PM
Crantz in a Dizzy! Capt. Rob ASA 1 December 5th 05 11:46 AM