BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Irony of the Doug (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/72397-irony-doug.html)

Thom Stewart August 2nd 06 06:53 PM

The Irony of the Doug-Dead and Loving It!

Doug,

You're grasping now. Playing word games really won't do it.

I do think you've been Busted.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

DSK August 2nd 06 07:17 PM

Thom Stewart wrote:

Doug,

You're grasping now. Playing word games really won't do it.

Did I make up those we sites detailing how wing keels work?

Did I make up that Australia 2 was faster downwind? No,
somebody else brought that up... it was you!

I do think you've been Busted.

At what? Trying to talk sense with Boobsie?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Thom Stewart August 2nd 06 07:50 PM

The Irony of the Doug-Dead and Loving It!

Doug,

Trying to talk sense with Nutsy only unmasks your own stupidity. Just as
I'm doing with you.

I didn't post Vacanti Web. I didn't mention end plates.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

DSK August 2nd 06 08:05 PM

Thom Stewart wrote:

Doug,

Trying to talk sense with Nutsy only unmasks your own stupidity. Just as
I'm doing with you.

Really?

I didn't post Vacanti Web.

I did

... I didn't mention end plates.

No, Bubbles did... maybe you should review what he said
about them and see if it makes sense to you.

DSK

Capt. Rob August 2nd 06 09:41 PM

The Irony of the Doug -The Return!

Capt. Rob wrote:
Golly! So are you the 1st person to understand keels or just the only
one living?

When I asked you how many 1st Series boats you had sailed,

the answer was MORE THAN YOU!!!

Which is the truth.

Uh, no it's not. You really don't know how many boats I've sailed, let
alone 1st series hulls. But you're the real blowhard around these parts
and naturaly write, MORE THAN YOU.

That's OK, your parents did too.

Yup, now Doug is forced to use tacky insults. Poor guy.

Good. That's an excellent and clear scientific explanation:
wing keels bite.

Never heard it before? Doesn't surprise me. All you have left now is
lame criticisms of nomenclature.

Maybe those "partial bulbs at the base of the wing" have
something to do with the center of mass of the ballast? Hmm?

I like how you've tried and failed to move this dialogue from my boat
and keel, to race boats. Sorry. The wider section of my keel is
designed to redirect waterflow. But let's agree with you and say that
the shape of the leading edge of the wing makes no matter at all and no
one pays attention to the plate effect, right?

Doug, you're all in a snit

Sure sounds like it. You've posted nothing new or any ideas of your
own. I didn't see you mention leeway from wings due to currents or even
leading edge redirection to lessen plate effect.

So you're saying that your wife is in total control of all

your household decisions and major expenditures?

Nope, but unlike you my wife is in tune with me and certainly wants me
to be happy. You're clearly jealous of me for having such a wife. Most
sailors are as she's quite rare. Meanwhile, you drag your poor wife to
a boat show hoping she'll like the C&C 121. I had to talk my wife out
of the C&C 99 over 6 weeks.
Trawler? Nope...not for either of us. We're not dead yet.

RB
35s5
NY

DSK August 2nd 06 10:00 PM

Capt. Rob wrote:
Uh, no it's not. You really don't know how many boats I've sailed, let
alone 1st series hulls.

Really? You mean you lied about how many you've sailed? I'm
shocked, just shocked!

In any event, the ones that I sailed were real boats in real
water & real wind. And I don't particularly feel that
sailing Beneteaus is something to brag about.

Nope, but unlike you my wife is in tune with me and certainly wants me
to be happy. You're clearly jealous of me for having such a wife.

Yeah, just like I'm jealous of your boat, too.

If I'd wanted a Beneteau 35s5, I could have bought one... or
two. I didn't. You figure it out.

DSK

Capt. Rob August 2nd 06 11:18 PM

The Irony of the Doug-Dead and Loving It!

No, Bubbles did... maybe you should review what he said
about them and see if it makes sense to you.

And I quote....

"The "end plate effect" has been the Achilles heal of the wing design
for many years. By creating a larger leading edge aligned with the
winglets we can redirect water flow around that section. This, in
theory, creates less drag than typically, where a large vortex is
formed beneath and behind the keel."

Gee, I wonder who wrote that. Maybe Doug King of Keels will know?

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob August 2nd 06 11:21 PM

The Irony of the Doug-Dead and Loving It!

So, you're saying that wings under the hull always lift
boats up? Didn't Bubbles just clearly explain to the contrary?

Nope....I was careful to keep things applied to my boats and the like.
You, on the other hand, have brought cup boats into the discussion
because you've been stomped on every other point. So now the Hobie
comes in and you cry foul. I already challenged you to say that such a
wing could NEVER lift a boat. Never say never, Doug.
You've been trounced from all sides, Oh king of keels!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

RB
35s5
NY

Lady Pilot August 3rd 06 02:06 AM

The Irony of the Doug -The Return!

"Charlie Morgan" wrote:

Ya know, this is really a prime example of just how extremely stupid
Doug can be without even trying.

And please remind me exactly *why* you responded to this thread?

LP

I arrive in ASA a few eeks ago, and makes an attempt to be at least
somewhat more civil than some previous regulars. For some unfathomable
reason, Doug and Scotty can't stop trying to get the old posters they
didn't like to return. If they had half a brain between them they
would simply shut up, move on, and hope that things may be better for
them and the rest of the group from now on. I'm sure everyone here
will thank Doug profusely if some of those characters decided he keeps
invoking their names because he misses them and they come back to
roost for a few more years.

CWM

Capt.Mooron August 3rd 06 03:02 AM

The Irony of the Doug -The Return!

Poor Chucky..... his opinion of himself is based entirely on the
fabrications he's made and come to believe. It's truly pathetic.... really.

He made a gross error in judgement and decided to attack me once. I thought
he might be a worthy opponent.... that quickly dissipated as it became
obvious that back-pedalling was his idea of a winning strategy in a battle
of wits.

Chucky has no finesse.... he is truly beneath contempt.

CM-