posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Default Of Vessels & Capabilities..

It's evident that some sincere sailboat bashing is being undertaken... not
that I mind that.... since we all have opinions of various vessels based on
experience.

What is notable is that the most flagrant promoter of vessel bashing seems
to be the one with the least amount of experience in sailing & vessel
handling.

Allow me to clarify some points:

He has never completed an overnight passage
He has never been more than 30 nautical miles from his dock
He has never been in gale force conditions
He has never successfully plotted a course nor navigated
He is incapable of correctly trimming sails
He is incapable of sailing to a dock... or off one.
He is totally ignorant of anchoring principles
He has zero ocean experience.
He has no inland waters experience
He cannot tie a single hand bowline
He is ignorant of basic Marlinspike seamanship
His vessel handling skills are basic at best
He has never left his harbour....

No names need be mentioned.... I just want to point out that capable
sailors have crossed the Atlantic in a 7' boat.

That and the fact that everyone else posting here has a hundred times the
experience regarding sailing and vessel handling.

CM-
[.....is that the sound of back issues of Cruising World & Sail being pulled
from the shelves and dusted off?]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Capt.Mooron wrote:
[...]

Greetings Capt Mooron,

You missed a good one yesterday.

Guess who called this 10Kt wind conditions?
http://sailnow.photosite.com/CSUS6-29-2006/

Joe
PS
How's Kira getting along?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

He did??? Now that's funny!! More like 1.0kts. You must be talking about....
But, I'm sure I could get one of the students, with no experience other than
the last four days to claim that. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

Capt.Mooron wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Joe" wrote in message

Greetings Capt Mooron,

Yo..

You missed a good one yesterday.
Guess who called this 10Kt wind conditions?
http://sailnow.photosite.com/CSUS6-29-2006/

Who?

How's Kira getting along?

Last I saw her she was in the clutches of my niece... wearing a bonnet and
being pushed around in a doll's baby carriage. Oddly enough the dog seemed
quite content with the situation. The staffies are doing well... so is the
Rhodesian.

We've been fogged in for 3 weeks here. Thick stuff that only lifts when the
rain starts pouring. I'm setting a new mooring.

I put up a new set of signs around the property. "No Trespassing- Final
Notice - Violators Assumed Armed & Hostile - We Respond Accordingly" & "
Never Mind the Dogs - Beware the Owners". The rains have resulted in a
plethora of Poison Ivy... I've gathered the berries and threw them in the
neighbour's yard.
My dive gear has been overhauled and is set for use. I have a new inflatable
Pontoon Boat. Plus I'm Kickin' Ass at work.... future is so bright I have
to wear shades. Overproof is due to launch in a week.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt.Mooron" wrote:
Last I saw her she was in the clutches of my niece... wearing a bonnet and
being pushed around in a doll's baby carriage. Oddly enough the dog seemed
quite content with the situation.

You really ought to get a picture of her and Kira.

Never Mind the Dogs - Beware the Owners". The rains have resulted in a
plethora of Poison Ivy... I've gathered the berries and threw them in the
neighbour's yard.

Still feuding with the neighbors, eh? I thought you didn't hold grudges?

My dive gear has been overhauled and is set for use. I have a new
inflatable Pontoon Boat. Plus I'm Kickin' Ass at work.... future is so
bright I have to wear shades. Overproof is due to launch in a week.

Awesome! Have fun sailing.

LP

Milltechmarine - American manufacturer offering AIS Mic Cruising 4 April 12th 06 08:59 PM
Post-panamex vessels coming to port Don White General 1 January 21st 06 06:51 PM
Fitzgerald a Pol Hack Skipper General 34 October 30th 05 03:42 PM
anyone know of the Marion Chilcook [email protected] Tall Ships 2 October 18th 05 11:56 AM