posted to alt.sailing.asa
LLoyd Bonafide

Default Brilliant Thinker or Master Mariner?

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Hey Putzy.

Have you gotten yourself another Boat yet?

Thom;----Beached; like Neal but much older!

Thom,

What happened to the good Capt's well founded, highly modified blue water
cruiser? Was it stolen? Impounded by a nautical museum?

Lloyd

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

"Thom Stewart" wrote

LLoyd Bonafide wrote:
What happened to the good Capt's well founded, highly modified blue water
cruiser? Was it stolen? Impounded by a nautical museum?

I think the beer can reef around it grew to such proportions
that a developers put up a mini-mall on it, and now the
Crapton's vessel is a lawn ornament for a pirate-themed bar.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

NARRATOR:
In the bleak days of nineteen-eighty-three, as England languished in the
doldrums of a ruinous monetarist policy, the good and loyal men of the
Permanent Assurance Company-- a once-proud family firm, recently fallen in
hard times-- strained under the yoke of their oppressive new corporate
management.

Pushed beyond the bounds of decent and reasonable victimisation, the aged
retainers take their destiny in their own hands and-- Mutiny!

And so, the Crimson Permanent Assurance was launched upon the high seas of
international finance.

There it lay, the prize they sought, the richest jewel in the crown of the
I.M.F.: a financial district swollen with multi-nationals, conglomerates,
and fat, bloated merchant banks.

Hidden behind the faceless, towering canyons of glass, the world of high
finance sat smug and self-satisfied as their future, in the shape of their
past, slipped silently through the streets, returning to wreak a terrible
revenge.

Adopting, adapting, and improving traditional business practises, the
Permanent Assurance puts into motion an audacious and totally unsuspected
takeover bid.

And so, heartened by their initial success, the desperate and reasonably
violent men of the Permanent Assurance battled on... until, as the sun set
slowly in the west, the outstanding return on their bold business venture
became apparent: the once-proud financial giants lay in ruins, their assets
stripped, their policies in tatters.

PIRATE:
Full speed ahead, Mr. Cohen!

CHORUS:
Up, up, up your premium. Up, up, up your premium.
PIRATE: [singing]
Scribble away!
CHORUS:
Up, up, up your premium.
PIRATE: [singing]
And balance the books.
CHORUS:
Up, up, up your premium.
PIRATE: [singing]
Scribble away!
CHORUS:
Up, up, up your premium.
PIRATE: [singing]
But manage the books.
CHORUS:
Up, up, up.

PIRATES: [singing]
It's fun to charter an accountant
And sail the wide accountancy,
To find, explore the funds offshore
And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!

It can be manly in insurance.
We'll up your premium semi-annually.
It's all tax deductible.
We're fairly incorruptible,
We're sailing on the wide accountancy!

PIRATE: [singing]
Sail away!
CHORUS: [singing]
Up, up, up...
NARRATOR:
And so, they sailed off into the ledgers of history, one by one, the
financial capitals of the world crumbling under the might of their business
acumen,... or so it would have been... if certain modern theories concerning
the shape of the world had not proved to be... disastrously wrong.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Bob Crantz wrote:
NARRATOR:
In the bleak days of nineteen-eighty-three, as England languished in
the doldrums of a ruinous monetarist policy, the good and loyal men of
the Permanent Assurance Company-- a once-proud family firm, recently
fallen in hard times-- strained under the yoke of their oppressive new
corporate management.

Pushed beyond the bounds of decent and reasonable victimisation, the
aged retainers take their destiny in their own hands and-- Mutiny!

It is from "Monty Python".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215685/

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

I thought I remembered seeing it as the prelude to Yellow Beard.
"arrrrggh! You'll never kill anyone if you go around thinkin'!"
Scout

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..

Bob Crantz wrote:
NARRATOR:
In the bleak days of nineteen-eighty-three, as England languished in
the doldrums of a ruinous monetarist policy, the good and loyal men of
the Permanent Assurance Company-- a once-proud family firm, recently
fallen in hard times-- strained under the yoke of their oppressive new
corporate management.

Pushed beyond the bounds of decent and reasonable victimisation, the
aged retainers take their destiny in their own hands and-- Mutiny!

It is from "Monty Python".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215685/

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

"Joe" wrote:

Bob Crantz wrote:
Right you are Lloyd.

The good Captain always used perfect grammar too.

Yes he duz, eyes injoy dat ass spect of him.

The good Captain has a tremendous sense of humor

Warped is more like it. But enjoyable.

He's ridden out dozens of hurricanes with winds in the hundreds of miles
per
hour.

Yeah, LP thru a hissy fit when the Captain sailed out into the swamps
with that Seminole Indian squaw, to ride out hurricane Wilma in style.

I *never* "thru a hissy fit", Joe. You idiot! I was concerned, just like a
loved one of any type, (mother, father, sister, brother, nephew, niece). Do
you get my drift?

Did you forget it was a hurricane, and you are dealing with a little bit of
rain and your whining...(again!)

According to LP, I caused a big fight.....and the ultimate break-up of
the smitten lovers....go figure. Capt Neal owes me big time if it's
true.

Is that in the opera or something? Real life is better...promise ya!

He has also highly modified his fine blue water cruiser to be the
epitome of fine cruising yachts.

He will be impressed with my highly modified fine lake racer, cruiser.
It's just a couple feet shorter than his yacht.

I doubt it. Capt. Neal doesn't hang out with misfits like you!

LP

Joe

Amen!

"LLoyd Bonafide" wrote in message
. ..
I'd say Capt Neal is both!

Lloyd

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Joe" wrote i

Yeah, LP thru a hissy fit when the Captain sailed out into

the swamps
with that Seminole Indian squaw, to ride out hurricane

Wilma in style.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

According to LP, I caused a big fight.....and the ultimate

break-up of
the smitten lovers....go figure. Capt Neal owes me big

time if it's
true.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG