posted to alt.sailing.asa
LLoyd Bonafide

Default Thanks to Korean War Veterans

Thanks to the Korean War Veterans such as myself (Navy) who fought so
valiantly to stop the fall of dominoes. Korea is a much better place for it.

If only McArthur was allowed to invade China and if only Goldwater was
elected so we could nuke the Cong the world would be a much better place.
Bush shouldn't be afraid of nukes either. lob a few and blow those turbans
right of their heads.

Thanks to all you wonderful Americans for making my HVAC business so
prosperous. Keep driving those gas guzzling SUV's, mini vans and ugly
Tribecas to keep the globe warming and I'll keep installing those air
conditioners.

Lloyd Bonafide

posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Ah. Lloyd, McArthur did not want to invade China, he wanted to liberate
them from the commie *******s.

Capt. Suzy
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
jlrogers

No, he wanted to be worshipped.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"LLoyd Bonafide" wrote in message
Thanks to the Korean War Veterans such as myself (Navy) who fought so
valiantly to stop the fall of dominoes. Korea is a much better place for
it.

If only McArthur was allowed to invade China and if only Goldwater was
elected so we could nuke the Cong the world would be a much better place.
Bush shouldn't be afraid of nukes either. lob a few and blow those turbans
right of their heads.

Thanks to all you wonderful Americans for making my HVAC business so
prosperous. Keep driving those gas guzzling SUV's, mini vans and ugly
Tribecas to keep the globe warming and I'll keep installing those air
conditioners.

yep, hvac is a prosperous field! : )

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"LLoyd Bonafide" wrote
If only McArthur was allowed to invade China and if only Goldwater was
elected so we could nuke the Cong the world would be a much better place.

I know that you're pulling out collective leg but the notion that Goldwater
would have "nuked the Cong" was pure Democrat campaign propaganda. When aked by
the press, Goldwater said that, as only a senator, he lacked the intel info
needed to decide what to do about the Vietnam situation of that time - that he
would either pull the few "advisors" we had there out or quit fooling around and
win the war. LBJ seized on the last to paint Goldwater a warmonger, vowing "I
will not send your son to vietnam" - a promise he soon forgot.

It is probable that, given the way JFK had bungled situation at the time,
Goldwater would have simply left and there would never have been a Vietnam war.