posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default You've Got to Get Mad

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
You'll believe anything that discredits
the current government, even if the "evidence" you cite is far-fetched
and
downright erroneous. The left wing is pulling out the stops in order
slam the Bush administration, and some folks--you--are gullible enough
buy into it. Ergo, you're nuts.

I seriously doubt Bush has anything to do with any possible conspiracy,
but the sad fact is that any such talk drives the narrow minded to
assume that it's an attack on a republican or democrat. Still worse, I
find it quite funny that you made suce an assumption or any belief that
Bush is a republican or conservative. Bush has his own party and he has
nothing to do with republican values.

LOL!!! What would you know about republican values? Bush has varied from
conservative values of late, and that has cost him his own base. And it
will probably cost the GOP both the House and Senate this fall. He's a
stupid man, blatantly beholden to special interests (read: those who put
him in office with their checkbooks) rather than to those who voted for him,
all at the cost of his party and his honor.

Ask yourself this: if Gore or Kerry were POTUS, would you be so quick to
get in bed with such left-wing, half-baked conspiracy theories about what
happened to the Pentagon? As Jimmy Buffet said, I think the cosmic bakers
took you out of the oven a bit prematurely.

If you really believe our government is so devious and dishonest,
why do you
remain in this country?

Good lord, Maxi. Are you 18 years old?

That's an answer to my question? Since you seem to have a comprehension
problem, I'll rephrase it: If you believe our government is really no
better than the lying, treacherous Communist governments of the former
Soviet Union and its satellites, why do you remain here? Aren't you in fear
for your life? If a government can accomplish a conspiracy of the magnitude
you describe, what prevents them from eliminating dissidents--like you--at
will? Have you listened for black helicopters hovering overhead lately.
Have you checked the fuel lines or the propane system on your boat lately?

We'll miss you, Bubbles. G
Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

I seriously doubt Bush has anything to do with any possible conspiracy,

Really? Ya think?

Gosh, if *I* were conspiring to keep a historically
important deadly secret, I'd really want to bring in a guy
who's not very bright and who has speech problems...
especially if he's a public figure with a huge spotlight on
him every day.

Maxprop wrote:
LOL!!! What would you know about republican values?

"Win at all costs."
"Money trumps morality."
"Democrats are the enemy."

... Bush has varied from
conservative values of late

???

Bush was never a conservative. If you think that he ever
was, then you really weren't paying attention.

... And it
will probably cost the GOP both the House and Senate this fall.

Possible, but not really probably.

... He's a
stupid man, blatantly beholden to special interests (read: those who put
him in office with their checkbooks) rather than to those who voted for him,
all at the cost of his party and his honor.

In this day & time, *every* politician is beholden to
special interests. There are more lobbyists than there are
legislators & their staff... lobbying has been the nation's
biggest 'growth industry' and that's our biggest economic
problem IMHO.

Ask yourself this: if Gore or Kerry were POTUS, would you be so quick to
get in bed with such left-wing, half-baked conspiracy theories about what
happened to the Pentagon?

Your insistence that any questioning is a partisan-motivated
attack on President Bush really tells a lot about you.

If Gore had taken office in 2000, or if McCain had been
elected, the history of the last five years would have been
VERY different... and much better for the U.S. I believe.

.... If you believe our government is really no
better than the lying, treacherous Communist governments of the former
Soviet Union and its satellites, why do you remain here?

Oh, I believe that our current government is lying &
treacherous, but still slightly better than those... and I
agree with you that it's due for a change.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

also means Maxi thinks Bush is a "good" president, something most
republicans now realize is not true.

As usual you're completely wrong.

Oh really? Can you show us ANY poll showing Bush approval rating that
could, in ANY way hint that republicans are happy with Bush?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Yesterday we saw films of the plane hitting the Pentagon, and it
clearly looks like an airliner.

What???? It doesn't look like anything. It's very small. No one
anywhere (except you!) said it looks like anything but a small white
blur. Meanwhile the damage and wreckage are not consistant with a crash
of this type and that's according to a LOT of experts and pilots. Maxi,
if you do some real research you'll see that quite a few people (with
far greater understanding of jet crashes) have some very serious doubts
about the Pentagon hit. This has nothing to do with laying blame since
we can't even be sure of exactly what happened. But it seems rather
doubtful to anyone with eyes that a 757 hit the pentagon. Where is the
757? Where are the passengers? All good questions. But that doesn't
make the doubts into nonsense. Most witnesses saw NO 757 hit the
Pentagon, describing a missile or small plane instead. The damage to
the Pentagon makes no sense at all, since it's impact point is much
smaller than a 757. The lack of wreckage is also a factor, some of
which did not match the 757 according to Rolls and Boeing.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/3868860.html

They say it's the plane.

Your local newspaper says

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/68649.htm
'CONSPIRACY' GROUNDED

May 17, 2006 -- WASHINGTON - Horrific videos of the 9/11 airline attack
on the Pentagon were officially released by the Justice Department
yesterday in a move to quiet conspiracy theories that the military
brass faked the atrocity.
Two graphic tapes, taken from Pentagon security cameras, were released
under the Freedom of Information Act to Judicial Watch, showing
American Airlines Flight 77 hitting the Pentagon.

The jerky and grainy tapes, which were produced in half-second
increments, show a long white blur speeding toward the Pentagon.

Then a huge fireball erupts followed by a massive plume of gray smoke.

"This ought to put to rest the conspiracy theories out there that
American Airlines Flight 77 was shot down and that a missile hit the
Pentagon," Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton told The Post.

The attack killed 125 military and civilian people inside the Pentagon
along with 53 passengers and five terrorists.

Washinton Post
http://washingtontimes.com/national/...1748-1168r.htm

"Video dispels conspiracy"

NY1 News

"The Defense Department has released images on the attack at the
Pentagon from the morning of September 11, 2001.

A Pentagon security camera captured the images of American Airlines
Flight 77 crashing into the building on 9/11.

The video was released after the group Judicial Watch filed a Freedom
of Information Act. The president of the group says they believe it's
important to "complete the public record" on the September 11th
attacks.

The video has already been circulated on the Internet.

The Pentagon attack killed 184 people inside the building and on the
plane. "

And you claim to be a media monitor?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Max, I don't think that at all. But, there's nothing wrong with being a
skeptic. Something isn't quite right about the events as described.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why's that? Is there something wrong with being a skeptic?

Yep, Maxi thinks it's a specific attack on Bush somehow. I guess this
also means Maxi thinks Bush is a "good" president, something most
republicans now realize is not true.

As usual you're completely wrong. And nuts.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I'm not so anti Bush as you think. I think he's a stupid person with no real
sense of right and wrong. That said, I like his position on immigration.

It's not totally clear what hit the Pentagon. I would still like to see some
questions answered, questions that are being ignored.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I think we need to keep an open mind... no not about Robert... :-) I
don't think there's any doubt that two planes hit the towers, but there
is doubt about what caused the towers to collapse. I have serious doubts
about what hit the pentagon. There are two many inconsistencies to just
dismiss them out of hand. We shall see.

You, too, are nuts.

Why's that? Is there something wrong with being a skeptic?

Not at all. But there is something seriously wrong with being so
anti-something that you're willing to jump into bed with any half-baked
conspiracy theory that comes along to discredit it.

Healthy skepticism is the backbone of science. There's nothing healthy
about this left-wing conspiracy BS. This is the same sort of crap that
the black helicopter, tri-lateralist, ultra right-wing militia types
engaged in during the Clinton administration. Fanaticism, pure and
simple, with no basis in reality.

Consider this: we all saw the second airliner hit Tower number two. And
later we saw the film of the first plane hitting Tower number one. And
based on the info we now have, we can safely conclude that this was,
indeed, an al Qaeda act of terrorism against the USA. And we can also
safely conclude that it happened virtually without warning. (This is not
to say that signals weren't ignored--they were, but the attack itself was
not expected at that particular time on 9/11/01.) We also know that four
airliners are now gone, along with their passengers and crew. And we also
know that something hit the Pentagon--something with a huge amount of fuel
onboard. Yesterday we saw films of the plane hitting the Pentagon, and it
clearly looks like an airliner. So what other theory of what hit the
Pentagon will possibly hold water? A missile? Fired at what, and by
whom? An F16 fighter--why would the Pentagon deny that? **** happens, and
flying fighters is no picnic on the beach, especially when scrambled. The
military branches have all been absolutely forthcoming when dealing with
aircraft accidents. So why would they lie? And how would they get
everyone else to go along with such a lie in such short order, especially
when the country is in disarray following and unexpected attack of the
magnitude of 9/11?

What is your theory of what happened to the Pentagon, and upon what do you
base that theory? Simply being skeptical isn't enough--you've got to have
an explanation to support an alternative to what the government is
claiming. Are you simply believing something because you *want* to believe
it, or do you have some solid evidence upon which to hypothesize such a
belief? So far Bubbles hasn't come up with anything beyond paranoid
conjecture.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Suzy posted this :

Read all about it and see the pictures.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pentagon.htm

What else would you like to know?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Binary Bill

The CIA reported finding many Whitworth fasteners strewn about the
wreckage. The FBI concluded that it was a BSA 440 that rocketed into
the Pentagon.

BBob

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG