Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Light Air!

Yep, early in the day it was hardly blowing at all. Crossing the bridge
I could see a few sailboats, mains hanging limp or just powering. Well,
this seemed to be a good test day for the 35s5's light air aspects.
WOWEEEE!!!! Now there weren't a ton of light air boats out...a few
Tartans, Catalinas, Pearsons and so on....But I was pretty much the
only one who could SAIL in sub 4-6 not conditions. Even over wakes,
which would upset the drawing on my C&C 32 or Pearson 30, the 35s5
sliced through, holding boat speed and hissing forward like a snake. I
passed a Catalina 400, who was also sailing, but having a harder time.
The 35s5 continued on, much like a big J24. I had to head back because
Suzanne opted to stay home with Thomas as she had the night shift.
Rolled up the 135% and WOWEEEE, still sailing nicely along with just
the main.....okay, I think the air had freshened by now. The boat feels
so sweet and sure, fast and responsive...it's just great.
I pulled back into the slip, pulled a half frozen soda from the fridge
and chilled out in the cockpit listining to Danny Kay's greatest cinema
hits...
This week Suzanne is off every day but Wednesday...hope the weather
stays nice!

(Scotty potty may now change the thread title to "Hot air" or whatever
makes the poor loser feel better about his sad boat!)

RB
35s5
NY

MOB pole light Roger Long Cruising 6 March 22nd 06 05:41 PM
OT [(or is it) humor] Bryan General 0 March 1st 06 06:15 AM
Putting a navigation light on a jon boat stern [email protected] General 11 February 5th 06 06:45 AM
Retro-fit to Self tailing winches Watski Wincher Self-Tailers Mic Cruising 6 November 18th 05 04:31 AM
35s5 a light air dog? Jeff ASA 8 November 16th 05 02:12 AM