posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Gas prices

OzOne wrote in message ...

Paying about $5.90/gallon here in Sydney

Would that be an imperial gallon, or the other one?

And if so, what's the ratio?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
We've been paying $3.35 or so. I hope it goes up to $5.

Aw, Jonnie, why quit at $5--don't do anything half way. Go for $10 or $12
and watch the Bay Area economy collapse.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Thanks for the info Marty. Amazing what a fe decimal
places will do for you.

"Martin Baxter" wrote

Bart Senior wrote:

I knew something didn't make sense. I saw a price of 117.50.

I tried converting from litres to gallons, and adjusting monopoly
money into USD.

So what the heck is a price of 117.9?
I see Ontario listes as around 98.0.

$1.1175/litre, 3.78 litres per US gal = $4.22 Can/gal , $1 US is $1.13
CDN thus =$4.77 USD/USgal.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force people to
change their driving and car purchase habits. That would do it, according to
economists.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
We've been paying $3.35 or so. I hope it goes up to $5.

Aw, Jonnie, why quit at $5--don't do anything half way. Go for $10 or $12
and watch the Bay Area economy collapse.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Capt. JG wrote:
The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force people to
change their driving and car purchase habits. That would do it, according to
economists.

I think large cities should be proactive on this issue and legislate
that unless there is a specific reason for driving a pick up truck
or SUV in the city, less than 3 occupants, etc, that those vehicles
be disallowed (passing through on the xway not counting).

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Sounds close to right. There's very little reason for the urban assault
vehicles, especially in cities.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force people
to change their driving and car purchase habits. That would do it,
according to economists.

I think large cities should be proactive on this issue and legislate that
unless there is a specific reason for driving a pick up truck or SUV in
the city, less than 3 occupants, etc, that those vehicles be disallowed
(passing through on the xway not counting).

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Mys Terry wrote:
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:43:13 -0400, katy
wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force people to
change their driving and car purchase habits. That would do it, according to
economists.

I think large cities should be proactive on this issue and legislate
that unless there is a specific reason for driving a pick up truck
or SUV in the city, less than 3 occupants, etc, that those vehicles
be disallowed (passing through on the xway not counting).

Lets take action on the REAL issue behind this and many other issues
by severely limiting the number of children people can have. Reduce
the world population by 50% and a lot of current problems will simply
vanish along with the excess population.

I suggest you read Jonathan Swift.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I think someone would have to read it to him/her.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote:

Capt. JG wrote:
The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force
people to change their driving and car purchase habits. That would do
it, according to economists.

I think large cities should be proactive on this issue and legislate
that unless there is a specific reason for driving a pick up truck or
SUV in the city, less than 3 occupants, etc, that those vehicles be
disallowed (passing through on the xway not counting).

Lets take action on the REAL issue behind this and many other issues
by severely limiting the number of children people can have. Reduce
the world population by 50% and a lot of current problems will simply
vanish along with the excess population.

I suggest you read Jonathan Swift.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Nothing to do with trucks, freight, etc. They need to travel. The main
problem is that regular consumers need to be weaned off of large, gas
guzzling cars and Stupid Utility Vehicles. If gas prices rose to north of
$5/gal, the car companies would be forced to make cars more efficient
because no one would buy the gas pigs.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Date: Wed, Apr 26, 2006, 10:15am From: lid
(Capt. JG)

The point is not to "collapse" the economy. The point is to force people
to change their driving and car purchase habits.

Jon,

How about 18 Wheelers, Air Freight & air mail, Military air patrols,
Harbor patrols, border patrols? How about tripling Bridge fares?
Parking fares? School busing? Let's get the Cops back on there feet?
Trolley? How about going to Oars for Auxiliary Power, Outlaw Power
Boating.
Home Heating with wood or coal or even electric.

We have a lot of ways to change our society to do without oil. I'm
almost 80 years old and don't give a damn:^) It up to you youn'uns.
CHANGE!!!!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage