posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Iran high speed torpedo

The Iran goverment announced yesterday they have a high speed
underwater missle.

They say it can go 280+mph, they also claim it is un-detectable by
sonar, and get this" The American ships and submarines will not be able
to outrun them" .

Oh and they are launched off stelth small boats.

Bwwahahahahahahahahaa I bet the guys are the pentagon are all
ROTFLTAO!

Plastic Saber Ratteling!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
The Iran goverment announced yesterday they have a high speed
underwater missle.

They say it can go 280+mph, they also claim it is un-detectable by
sonar, and get this" The American ships and submarines will not be able
to outrun them" .

Oh and they are launched off stelth small boats.

Bwwahahahahahahahahaa I bet the guys are the pentagon are all
ROTFLTAO!

Plastic Saber Ratteling!

Joe

Doesn't matter one way or the other. If they do ahve something like
that and use it, they'll only be using it once.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Oh and they test fired it in the "Holy Prophet" war games!
I think soon we all we see the next generation weapons tested in the
field.

Airborne Zippos!

Joe

************************************************** **************************************

Tehran, April 2, IRNA - Iran-Maneuver-Missile - Iran on Sunday
successfully test fired its fastest underwater missile in the `Holy
Prophet war games' northwest of Persian Gulf.

Deputy commander of the Navy Forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards
Corps (IRGC) General Ali Fadavi told Central News Bureau (Islamic
Republic of Iran's Broadcasting) that the domestically made missile,
called `Hut', hits its target with a maximum speed of 100 meters per
second.

1420/1420

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

http://www.primalsin.com/product.aspx?prod=17566

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/m...row/shkval.htm

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Oh and they test fired it in the "Holy Prophet" war games!
I think soon we all we see the next generation weapons tested in the
field.

Airborne Zippos!

Joe

************************************************** **************************************

Tehran, April 2, IRNA - Iran-Maneuver-Missile - Iran on Sunday
successfully test fired its fastest underwater missile in the `Holy
Prophet war games' northwest of Persian Gulf.

Deputy commander of the Navy Forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards
Corps (IRGC) General Ali Fadavi told Central News Bureau (Islamic
Republic of Iran's Broadcasting) that the domestically made missile,
called `Hut', hits its target with a maximum speed of 100 meters per
second.

1420/1420

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Iran goverment announced yesterday they have a high speed
underwater missle.

They say it can go 280+mph, they also claim it is un-detectable by
sonar, and get this" The American ships and submarines will not be able
to outrun them" .

Oh and they are launched off stelth small boats.

Bwwahahahahahahahahaa I bet the guys are the pentagon are all
ROTFLTAO!

Plastic Saber Ratteling!

Joe

The Russians sold those torpedoes to the Chinese 5 years ago.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/220813.shtml

The Iranians can launch them from the chokepoint of the Persian Gulf where
it is shallow and American submarines and Aircraft Carriers most vulnerable.
They can be launched from land or on water close to shore. The whole eastern
side of the Persian Gulf is Iran.

The mere presence of those things alters US tactics in the region. They
could deny the Persian Gulf to carriers.

It was in the Persian Gulf that American warships followed behind oil
tankers because they were too vulnerable to Russian WWI era sea mines.

If you had spent some part of your Navel Career aboard a Vessel of the Line
rather than some floating Club-Med Used Destroyer Parts Dealer ship you
would appreciate the Navy more rather than rattling your plastic empty
headed skull!

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

If the Russian's sold them to the Iran navy they have to get within
7,500 yards to fire them Bob.

Geeee the US Navy has to be shaking in thier boots over that. How could
we defend ourself from such great distances?
Quick lets abandon the Persian Gulf. Stay 8000 yards out into the
Atlantic or Pacific to be safe!

Bwahahahahahahaaa.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
If the Russian's sold them to the Iran navy they have to get within
7,500 yards to fire them Bob.

Geeee the US Navy has to be shaking in thier boots over that. How could
we defend ourself from such great distances?
Quick lets abandon the Persian Gulf. Stay 8000 yards out into the
Atlantic or Pacific to be safe!

Bwahahahahahahaaa.

Joe

If you want to drive two US Navy ships out of port:

posted to alt.sailing.asa
thunder

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:06:31 -0600, Bob Crantz wrote:

The Iranians can launch them from the chokepoint of the Persian Gulf where
it is shallow and American submarines and Aircraft Carriers most
vulnerable. They can be launched from land or on water close to shore. The
whole eastern side of the Persian Gulf is Iran.

The whole of the Persian Gulf is shallow, averaging only 50 meters. I'm
just guessing, but I wouldn't expect much submarine activity in the Gulf.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"thunder" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:06:31 -0600, Bob Crantz wrote:

The Iranians can launch them from the chokepoint of the Persian Gulf
where
it is shallow and American submarines and Aircraft Carriers most
vulnerable. They can be launched from land or on water close to shore.
The
whole eastern side of the Persian Gulf is Iran.

The whole of the Persian Gulf is shallow, averaging only 50 meters. I'm
just guessing, but I wouldn't expect much submarine activity in the Gulf.

Only collisions:

http://www.bellona.no/en/internation...avy/39644.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

EM-53 Rocket propelled mines:

http://www.kentimmerman.com/news/200...ttack-plan.htm

Built by the Chinese (your friends) and sold to Iran!