posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Nice Anchorage R a bit much?

http://www.neatitems.com/images/Atuona_Hiva_Oa.JPG

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
http://www.neatitems.com/images/Atuona_Hiva_Oa.JPG

Joe

Just love that lull of rocking waves to put you to sleep...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Notice the one guy on deck? I think he is washing out his skivies, and
drying them on the jib sheet.

Don't look like it's bothering him much.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Notice the one guy on deck? I think he is washing out his skivies, and
drying them on the jib sheet.

Don't look like it's bothering him much.

Joe

Sure the bothering isn't why he's washing out his skivvies?
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

This is what happens when the wind shifts 8 points.

"Joe" wrote
http://www.neatitems.com/images/Atuona_Hiva_Oa.JPG

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Sort of looks like Angel Island when the current shifts...

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://www.neatitems.com/images/Atuona_Hiva_Oa.JPG

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Sort of looks like Angel Island when the current shifts...

Does Angel Is. pitch and roll like that?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Only when you get sea sick.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Sort of looks like Angel Island when the current shifts...

Does Angel Is. pitch and roll like that?

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Senior

Perhaps in the winter if a weird front comes through.
Winds are pretty steady out of the west in the Bay.

I can only remember one day with a Southerly. I've
never seen a Northerly.

"Maxprop" wrote

Does Angel Is. pitch and roll like that?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

The wind shifts around quite a bit, especially around Angel. It typically
varies from West to North in general in the bay, but especially in Raccoon
Straight. The southerlies happen typically when there's a storm on the way.
This pic looks like what you could get west of Ayala but still in Raccoon on
a day when you shouldn't be attempting to anchor there....a temp anchorage,
but it's only good when the wind is light, from the west, and there's no
conflict between current and wind direction.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
Perhaps in the winter if a weird front comes through.
Winds are pretty steady out of the west in the Bay.

I can only remember one day with a Southerly. I've
never seen a Northerly.

"Maxprop" wrote

Does Angel Is. pitch and roll like that?

Nice marine scene artwork, decent prices JimH General 0 January 31st 06 12:24 AM
A short nice sail [email protected] ASA 4 January 9th 06 02:00 AM
It sure is nice . . . Capt. Neal® ASA 1 November 14th 05 11:36 PM
Such nice people... Bob Crantz ASA 9 October 17th 05 02:10 PM