posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

Default Alone Against The Atlantic

Yesterday, while sitting in the jury marshalling room, waiting to be plucked
into service, I was able to read Gerry Speiss' "Alone Against The Atlantic"
in which he describes how he designed, built, tested, and then managed to
cross an ocean in his 10' sailboat. Absolutely puny! My boat was twice that
size!
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday, while sitting in the jury marshalling room, waiting to be
plucked into service, I was able to read Gerry Speiss' "Alone Against The
Atlantic" in which he describes how he designed, built, tested, and then
managed to cross an ocean in his 10' sailboat. Absolutely puny! My boat
was twice that size!

some pics of Spiess' "Yankee Girl" http://marlinbree.com/work6.htm

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I read that book...lots of fun. I'd suggest to Joe, Mooron or Scotty,
but their clogged hearts might explode!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
news
"Scout" wrote in message
. ..
Yesterday, while sitting in the jury marshalling room,

waiting to be
plucked into service, I was able to read Gerry Speiss'

"Alone Against The
Atlantic" in which he describes how he designed, built,

tested, and then
managed to cross an ocean in his 10' sailboat.

Absolutely puny! My boat
was twice that size!

some pics of Spiess' "Yankee Girl"

http://marlinbree.com/work6.htm

What, no swim platform!!!!

I bet he doesn't even have air conditioning. HORRIFIC!!!!!!!

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Scout wrote:
"Scout" wrote in message
. ..

Yesterday, while sitting in the jury marshalling room, waiting to be
plucked into service, I was able to read Gerry Speiss' "Alone Against The
Atlantic" in which he describes how he designed, built, tested, and then
managed to cross an ocean in his 10' sailboat. Absolutely puny! My boat
was twice that size!

some pics of Spiess' "Yankee Girl" http://marlinbree.com/work6.htm

Looks like a butter tub!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Coming from the shore sailor, with medical problems.. Oh Boy.

How many oceans have you crossed fatboy?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

"Scout" wrote
Yesterday, while sitting in the jury marshalling room, waiting to be
plucked into service, I was able to read Gerry Speiss' "Alone Against The
Atlantic" in which he describes how he designed, built, tested, and then
managed to cross an ocean in his 10' sailboat. Absolutely puny! My boat
was twice that size!

Well, how come you didn't sail across the Atlantic twice, then?

Actually your boat may have displaced less.

Scout wrote:
some pics of Spiess' "Yankee Girl" http://marlinbree.com/work6.htm

Marlin Bree's boat is very nice.

http://tinyurl.com/9odmj
or
http://www.sailboatowners.com/db/pho...=7322723 5189

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Read about this then:

http://www.antiqbook.com/boox/sea/028387_RGMC_.shtml

http://www.famoussmallboats.com/

http://www.westwightpotter.com/company/history.htm

Get yourself a real man's blue water cruiser - the WWP 14!

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I read that book...lots of fun. I'd suggest to Joe, Mooron or Scotty,
but their clogged hearts might explode!

Do they have a Classic Comic Book version? Maybe a video? Audio Tape?

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Do they have a Classic Comic Book version? Maybe a video? Audio Tape?

Pop-up book and Talking Viewmaster/

RB
35s5
NY