posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default What route

If you had 1-2 yrs to cruise would you go

Up the east coast, around Canada ,the NW passage, around Alaska, down
south, round the horn, back to Texas.

Or Panama canal, hawaii, palmyra, phillipines, micornesia, marshalls,
soloman, vanatau, OZ, new calodonia, fiji, tongo, Cook, NZ, picard,
tonga, roratonga, Bora bora, tahiti, tuamotus, marqueses, panama canal,

texas.

Or up the east coast , nova scotia, greenland, iceland, norway,
amsterdam, london, france, spain, italy, greece, isreal, egypt, libya,
tripoli,morroco, canary's , bahama, florida, texas .

Or hondo, costa rica, venezuela, guyana, rio, uraguay, falklands, s.
georgia, capetown, hamibia, angola, cameroon, libera, sierra leone,
senegal, perto rico, texas.

any other suggestions?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

I'd take a slow trip down the intercoastal then head for the Virgin
Islands and hang out for a month and come home early. Why would I want
to live on a boat for 2 years.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I've lived on boats since 1979. Whats wrong with it?

Had a house for a couple years but could not stand it.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Rob if your going to be me it's been since 1978, And I have owned 2
houses and still own one.

You can take off the Commodore hat now, Suzy is asleep.

Joe
Your Owner

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Joe wrote:
If you had 1-2 yrs to cruise would you go

Up the east coast, around Canada ,the NW passage, around Alaska, down
south, round the horn, back to Texas.

No. Icebreaking has no attraction for me. How about up the
St Lawrence, down the Mississippi, back to Texas, and then
on further down the Gulf? And then of course (for you) back
to Texas again.

Or Panama canal, hawaii, palmyra, phillipines, micornesia, marshalls,
soloman, vanatau, OZ, new calodonia, fiji, tongo, Cook, NZ, picard,
tonga, roratonga, Bora bora, tahiti, tuamotus, marqueses, panama canal,
texas.

You're missing some of the best parts of the Pacific. Not
visiting Japan or the PI?

Or up the east coast , nova scotia, greenland, iceland, norway,
amsterdam, london, france, spain, italy, greece, isreal, egypt, libya,
tripoli,morroco, canary's , bahama, florida, texas .

Again you're missing some of the best parts of the route.
What about Ireland and Scotland?

Or hondo, costa rica, venezuela, guyana, rio, uraguay, falklands, s.
georgia, capetown, hamibia, angola, cameroon, libera, sierra leone,
senegal, perto rico, texas.

Throw in Tristan de Cunha, St Helena, the Cape Verdes and
the Azores, and that's the best yet IMHO.

any other suggestions?

rgnmstr wrote:
I'd take a slow trip down the intercoastal then head for the Virgin
Islands and hang out for a month and come home early. Why would I want
to live on a boat for 2 years.

Why not? If you had the right boat for it, that is. A lot of
people cruise on 30-footers and smaller boats. In fact
smaller boats have a lot of good practical features (less
work). The ICW is a PITA for any boat drawing over 5' and
not much fun for boats over 4'; if you mix some of the nicer
ICW runs with hops offshore, you can make better time and
still see many of the "good spots."

A Bahamas cruise is great, I have not been as far 'out
island' as I'd like to go but we will spend some time there
I bet. Another good place for shallow draft.

My wife and I are planning to take a 1 year plus cruise in
the near future, making a "Great Loop" around the eastern US
via the ICW, Hudson River, NY State canals, Great Lakes,
some canals in Canada, the Chicago & Illinois Rivers to the
Mississippi, then a short run up the Ohio to the Tennessee
and down the Tenn-Tom waterway to Mobile, around the Big
Bend and Florida, back up the ICW to NC.

http://www.greatloop.com/

I've been reading up on canals & local history, interesting
stuff. For example there have been lock & canal improvements
on the Neuse & Cape Fear Rivers allowing 'navigation' at
least 200 miles inland, not in existance any more.
Pennsylvania & New Jersey were crisscrossed with canals, too.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
If you had 1-2 yrs to cruise would you go

Up the east coast, around Canada ,the NW passage, around Alaska, down
south, round the horn, back to Texas.

Or Panama canal, hawaii, palmyra, phillipines, micornesia, marshalls,
soloman, vanatau, OZ, new calodonia, fiji, tongo, Cook, NZ, picard,
tonga, roratonga, Bora bora, tahiti, tuamotus, marqueses, panama canal,

texas.

Or up the east coast , nova scotia, greenland, iceland, norway,
amsterdam, london, france, spain, italy, greece, isreal, egypt, libya,
tripoli,morroco, canary's , bahama, florida, texas .

Or hondo, costa rica, venezuela, guyana, rio, uraguay, falklands, s.
georgia, capetown, hamibia, angola, cameroon, libera, sierra leone,
senegal, perto rico, texas.

any other suggestions?

Joe

I'd sail up the east coast and across to Ireland, then England and
France to Portugal and Spain, down through the Med to Greece and
then up the Asiatic one coast and back down the other then back out
the Med to sail across to Morroco and then go actoss to the Carib
and back up.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 31 Jan 2006 20:18:32 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

If you had 1-2 yrs to cruise would you go

Up the east coast, around Canada ,the NW passage, around Alaska, down
south, round the horn, back to Texas.

Or Panama canal, hawaii, palmyra, phillipines, micornesia, marshalls,
soloman, vanatau, OZ, new calodonia, fiji, tongo, Cook, NZ, picard,
tonga, roratonga, Bora bora, tahiti, tuamotus, marqueses, panama canal,

texas.

Or up the east coast , nova scotia, greenland, iceland, norway,
amsterdam, london, france, spain, italy, greece, isreal, egypt, libya,
tripoli,morroco, canary's , bahama, florida, texas .

Or hondo, costa rica, venezuela, guyana, rio, uraguay, falklands, s.
georgia, capetown, hamibia, angola, cameroon, libera, sierra leone,
senegal, perto rico, texas.

any other suggestions?

Joe

Atlantic Circle, highside to the med. spend a lot of time there, then
low side to the Carib.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

I'd like to explore the giant lakes of Canada.
Great hunting, fishing, hiking in true wilderness.

Another interesting place are the fiords of the west coast of South America.
Again, a wild setting.

Then I'd sail to Iwo Jima.

Amen!

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you had 1-2 yrs to cruise would you go

Up the east coast, around Canada ,the NW passage, around Alaska, down
south, round the horn, back to Texas.

Or Panama canal, hawaii, palmyra, phillipines, micornesia, marshalls,
soloman, vanatau, OZ, new calodonia, fiji, tongo, Cook, NZ, picard,
tonga, roratonga, Bora bora, tahiti, tuamotus, marqueses, panama canal,

texas.

Or up the east coast , nova scotia, greenland, iceland, norway,
amsterdam, london, france, spain, italy, greece, isreal, egypt, libya,
tripoli,morroco, canary's , bahama, florida, texas .

Or hondo, costa rica, venezuela, guyana, rio, uraguay, falklands, s.
georgia, capetown, hamibia, angola, cameroon, libera, sierra leone,
senegal, perto rico, texas.

any other suggestions?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

've lived on boats since 1979. Whats wrong with it?

Had a house for a couple years but could not stand it.

Joe

Look at poor Joe, signing off as "Joe" with Capt. Rob. Joe, you're
soooo pathetic.

RB
35s5
NY