Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
John Cairns

Default Rod Rigging - Hype?

"NotPony" wrote in message
news:LrEuf.1732$Pe6.483@trnddc08...
Wouldn't it make sense to talk to a rigger about
rigging?
S.

In the martix, no.

John Cairns

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
:
:
: In my research for my book I interviewed 5
surveyors in NY, PA and FL
: who specialized in sailboats. ALL prefered rod
rigging over traditional
: wire. ALL felt that it's virtually impervious to
failure, so long as
: the fittings were updated and NONE had seen a
failure and only two had
: even heard of rod rigging rigs failing and in
both cases it was
: actually the chainplate that had failed! ALL had
inspected rod rigged
: boats from the early 80's that were found to be
in excellent condition.
: Of course my boat is not very old and her
rigging is like new with
: terminals updated in 2004.
: Bob, it's best to actually do some real research
instead of posting
: superficial info from Sailnet that you coppied
and pasted.
:
: RB
: 35s5
: NY
:

standing rigging prodigal1 Cruising 33 January 5th 06 10:10 PM
How not to hype the news... PocoLoco General 0 October 15th 05 12:33 AM