posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Crush! Kill! Destroy!!!

I'll end this very easily.....EVERY marina online using a travel lift
calls it a TRAVEL LIFT and NOT a crane!

http://www.canmar.ca/services/travelliftservices.php

http://www.colonialharbor.com/travel_lift.htm

http://www.fairhavenny.com/boathousemarina/page3.html

http://www.ocsunsetmarina.com/lift.html

http://www.palmislandmarina.com/lift.html

Do a search for travel lift and that's what you get!

Now, do a search for marine crane and all you get is single boom
standard cranes. NO travel lifts. That's because only a lubber would
confuse the two! A travel lift is a machine for use in boat yards and
is never called a crane.
Hell, even a local paper calls it a travel lift.

http://boothbayregister.maine.com/20..._shipyard.html

Twist and yelp all you want. This "debate" is over via yours truly.
9000 hits showing travel lifts as used in marinas!

(See, Joe? That was easy. Now don't even bother responding to anything
Crantz says after this stomping and he's toast.)

RB
35s5....the greatest boat since EVER!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

As I have said before, a "Travellift" is a subset of "crane".

I'm not confused at all on the two. It's you that is confused. I'll say it
again:

"A travel lift is a crane, but not all cranes are travel lifts."

A Marine Travel Lift is used in boatyards. Not all Travel Lifts are for use
in boat yards and the use of some would be quite dangerous in boat yards.

What's the dictionary definition of travel lift?

hmmm?

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

aahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

Upper left hand corner picture Blunder Boy:

http://www.americanlifts.com/Applicationsf.htm

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Oh no!

Mr Bill!!

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=2&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=ptxt&s1='travel+l ift'.TTL.&OS=TTL/"travel+lift"&RS=TTL/"travel+lift"

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Ouch!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mi-Jack-800C-Tra...QQcmdZViewItem

Ouch!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Oh, it's getting just brutal:

http://www.mi-jack.com/travelift/travelift.html

Ow!

Ouch!

Yipe! yipe! yipe!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Take it easy there Bob, you're getting blood splatter on
everyone.

A crane is a crane is a crane. And a Travellift is a crane.

Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
k.net...
Oh, it's getting just brutal: