Capt. Rob

Default Kill Yourself If.....

Some reasons to kill yourself....

1) Your boat has cable based steering such as Edson.
2) Your boat has no swim platform.
3) Your boat has no aft cabin.
4) Your boat has no air conditioning.
5) Your boat has no below deck furler.
6) Your boat has it's lines above deck
7) Your boat is slower than mine.
8) Your boat is smaller than mine.
9) Your boat has a crappy small wheel.
10) Your boat has a masthead rig.
11) Your boat has no charting GPS or radar.
12) Your boat has less than 6'5 headroom.
13) Your boat builder is out of business.
14) Your boat is a US Yacht, Macgreggor, Siedlemann, Bucaneer or O'Day.
15) Your boat has fewer than 7 opening hatches.
16) Your boat has no new canvas including bimini and port covers.
17) Your boat is in less than "bristol as new condition."

Good luck!

Capt. Robert B
Beneteau 35s5
NY

Bob Crantz

Your propeller is inferior!

Kill yourself!

Bwahaahahahahaha!!!!

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Capt. Rob

Your propeller is inferior!

Damn it. You're right. The 35s5 has a crappy prop! I need to replace
it.

RB

Scotty

My penis is bigger than yours!

Kill yourself!

Bwahaahahahahaha!!!!

Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote ...
Some reasons to kill myrself....

[...]

Capt. Scumbalino

Capt. Rob wrote:

17) Your boat is in less than "bristol as new condition."

Jeeze- the correct expression is "ship-shape and Bristol fashion".

Lubber!

--
Capt Scumbalino

Bob Crantz

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
news
On 27 Oct 2005 09:25:13 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Some reasons to kill yourself....

1) Your boat has cable based steering such as Edson.

You should probably back off this point, Rob. I've sailed several boats
with
rack & pinion steering, and the concensus, in addition to my own

conclusion, was
that they lacked feedback. They have "no" feel. To say it is similar to a

tiller
sounds especially funny.

It;s a nice boat, and I look forward to sailing on it, but a well designed

and
maintained cable system is just as close or closer to a tiller as any R&P
system as far as feedback. You may be accustomed to old cable systems that

had
been neglected or were just never very good from the start. At the end of

the
day, none of them even remotely approximates a tiller. The R&P will give

you a
very positive "feel", but that's not the same thing as feedback. Feedback

is the
pressure of the water flowing past the rudder being transmitted back to

you. R&P
by nature, is essentially dead in that regard.

Captain Joe Redcloud

I told him that several threads ago and pointed out cable systems are used
in supersonic and very large aircraft.

He doesn't understand gear, screw systems or the basics of mechanical
advantage, so let him flop about.

Perhaps you and Rob could form a chorus line and flop about for the rest of
us. Don't worry, between your anemia and Robbie's colon you'll tire quickly.

Amen!

I have my own personal lava filled hot tub!

John Cairns

Default Kill Yourself If you're bubbles

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...