posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Off to Vietnam!

OzOne wrote in message ...

Signed a long term charter agreement for the cat today.
She's off to Vietnam for a minimum of 6 months, with an option for a
further 3 and another 3 after that if required.

She'll be back when I'm getting closer to my planned total sorta kinda
retirement and will have recouped a substantial part of her cost.

Great part is, I'll be over there at the end of the 6 months to bring
her home if the family decide not to extend.

Lucky guy. Watch for pirates in those waters.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

OzOne wrote in message

Great charter terms too, she gets a full refit when she returns.

New sails? New engines? New rudders?

What would be nice to see is a decent helm seat, and some real teak down
below! Maybe ask Glory Sail to charter her for a few months in exchange for
some interior design changes.... :-)

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

What kinda yahoo did you turn her loose with OZ?

Did not make it half way to Hanoia and allready he is trashing your
boat.
I hope you got a big cash deposit from this Capt Crunch.

Fer cripes sake..did ya even check references?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Donal

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:15:36 -0000, "Donal"
scribbled thusly:

Oz needs to get his stern gland stuffed.

Did it do you any good?

Huh?

I haven't needed to get my stern gland stuffed yet. It isn't as old as
yours.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Yelp ya said Vietnam, but Tailand is easy enough to mistake for the
place Both places have lots of Banana rats.

Any damage reports yet, They get the boat out of the water?

I was always hitting stuff on the crewboats, mostly soaked logs. Even
in the day if a log is 99.9% submerged its easy to miss seeing it. On
the mississippi delta was the worst. We were happy if we did not bend a
shaft, just get the yard crane to lift the back of the boat out of the
water and have the deck hand in a dink put the new prop on. OSHA would
**** a crane if they saw that. Do you have radar on your cat?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

If you were to sail from the US to do a crusing tour of the S. Pacific
what would be your route?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Galveston Texas

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

What's a 'GPS school'?

OzOne wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 00:26:15 -0000, "Donal"

scribbled thusly:

Oh sorry, I thought being a limey and all

hehheh
Did you know that I was born in London?

No, it just stands out like dogs balls.

, you'd have been well
stuffed and an authority on the subject.

The degree of political correctness that exists in modern

Australia would
suggest you are far more likely to have experience in this

area than I.

Do same sex couples have the same rights as real families in

Australia?

No, are you thinking of emmigrating?

You didn't go to a GPS school then,,,,

Certainly not!!!

Ahh, so there's every chance you remain a virgin.

Regards

Donal

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

WW III is Here Skipper General 29 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
Off to Vietnam! Joe ASA 0 October 25th 05 07:01 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM