posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default For People Who Like To Sail

Here's why a First 35s5 is better than your boat....

Jeff: The 35s5 sails like a big dinghy when you want it to. It's a
blast! It heels and takes off like a the kind of boat you have to seek
out to excape the dull PDQ. And it can cruise nicely for a small
family!

Sloco Loco: Where do a I start? Your boat is slower, cramped and butt
ugly even compared to my old C&C. Even under sail the Express looks
awful. Few people can get past it's looks. The 35s5 won Boat of Year
awards and was even in Moma's Magazine for it's Stark design!

Doug: The 35s5 has something called a "mast" and "sails." It's powered
by the wind. You should really give this a try.

John Cairns: You own a Catalina 28. Good god, man. Have you NO
personality?

Joe: Your steel motorsailer may be even less fun to sail than Jeff's
PDQ. No, Joe. Sailing is not about making 9 knots for days on end and
powersailing through tacks. That's why folks who "like" to sail would
rather have a lowly Depress 30 than your boat.

Mooron: Poorly fit teak does not make for a good interior. I'd rather
have well fit Silly Putty! Your slow boat has merit and charm, but it's
quality has dipped seriously after I looked at the Nordica website and
prices on them. These are cheap sea boat wannabes. The 35s5 does
everything better and looks better doing it.

Steve: You're boatless. WTF?

Neal: You're pretending to be on a big cruise, so I'll play along.

Katie: The Kirie is a nicely designed boat, but I hope yours doesn't
have the quality control issues we found out about, mostly on later
boats though. Still, our 35s5 is nicer in every way.

Martin: Do you have a boat? I don't recall. If so, it's junk compared
to our 35s5. And the boat you might buy later also won't measure up.

So...that's it then. Thank you.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

You forgot to mention that my boat is akin to trailer trash on
water and worth less than the radio on your new boat.

Oh, and Steve and Martin both have boats.
And I know what they are.
And you don't. :-p~

Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote ...
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

You forgot to mention that my boat is akin to trailer trash on
water and worth less than the radio on your new boat.

Your boat is a low cost family cruiser, much like a Catalina 30 or
O'Day, and it sails about as well...which is to say pretty well. Since
you paid so little and aren't looking for a quick resale, I can't
imagine why it's worth is in question. If you had a new Catalina it
would offer few advantages and cost much more.
There's a big difference in your defense of your boat and Sloco's
Depress 30 or Jeff's PDQ. Those clowns defend what their boats can do,
what features they have and so on. On the other hand, you've continued
to sail your boat and only pointed out how it was being used...the way
a boat should be. That puts your boat above most here.
Sorry I had to get tough on you, Scotty!

RB
35s5...a great boat that will be sailed often!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

NY

I feel left out.

Hey, Gary. Do you own a boat presently or planning to?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Capt. Rob wrote:
... The 35s5 sails like a big dinghy when you want it to.

No it doesn't. The SA/D ratio doesn't approach that of even
a modest performance dinghy. If you actually sailed racing
dinghies, or even a relatively hot keelboat like a Star or
an E22 or a Melges, you'd know better... what am I saying...

Doug: The 35s5 has something called a "mast" and "sails." It's powered
by the wind. You should really give this a try.

Hmm, I guess the Mac race doesn't count?
As for "giving it a try" we also bought a boat in Florida
(although it cost more & is worth far more than the one you
claim to have bought) and we delivered it ourselves on the
water.

And you?

Steve: You're boatless. WTF?

This is even funnier. Steve is running a sailing center and
has more boats to play than all of us put together.

Gary wrote:
I feel left out.

Bubbles is a slow learner, plus he's not very observant.
You're not on his radar yet, but once he realizes that you
actually have a life, and your actual life includes actually
sailing, then he'll be jealous enough to include you in his
little hate list.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

... The 35s5 sails like a big dinghy when you want it to.

No it doesn't. The SA/D ratio doesn't approach that of even
a modest performance dinghy.

Oh, I guess all those reviews from owners must be wrong then.
Newsflash, Doug: It's not supposed to be a literal comparison.

As for "giving it a try" we also bought a boat in Florida

You do NO have a better sailboat or more expensive one for that matter.

This is even funnier. Steve is running a sailing center and
has more boats to play than all of us put together.

He's STILL boatless.

Hmm, I guess the Mac race doesn't count?

Sure it does. How many did you eat!?

then he'll be jealous enough to include you in his
little hate list.

That's funny! You DO have a sense of humor!

RB
35s5...better sailboat than dougs!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Capt. Rob wrote:
NY

I feel left out.

Hey, Gary. Do you own a boat presently or planning to?

RB
35s5
NY

Yes, I own a boat and I'm the paid skipper of another.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
NotPony

Uh, bs, I own 6 boats, and my wife owns her
'little' project boat. But deceive yourself, it's
fine with me.
S.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
: This is even funnier. Steve is running a
sailing center and
: has more boats to play than all of us put
together.
:
: He's STILL boatless.
: RB
: 35s5...better sailboat than dougs!
: NY
:

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Uh, bs, I own 6 boats, and my wife owns her
'little' project boat. But deceive yourself, it's
fine with me.

You don't own a real cruising boat. I own a Laser and a The Dink with
sailing rig, but I don't tell people I own three boats! The laser is
for sale CHEAP if anyone is interested.

RB
35s5
NY

What does Dr Laura sail? Bob Crantz ASA 19 November 21st 05 01:42 PM
Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
Sailing Boom Brake - Vangs - Sail shapes +more links Mic Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:32 PM
Halloween Sail Scotty ASA 2 November 1st 05 10:51 PM