posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default For People Who Like To Sail

You forgot to mention that my boat is akin to trailer trash on
water and worth less than the radio on your new boat.

Oh, and Steve and Martin both have boats.
And I know what they are.
And you don't. :-p~

Scotty

"Swab Rob" wrote ...
Here's why a First 35s5 is better than your boat....

Jeff: The 35s5 sails like a big dinghy when you want it to.

It's a
blast! It heels and takes off like a the kind of boat you have

to seek
out to excape the dull PDQ. And it can cruise nicely for a

small
family!

Sloco Loco: Where do a I start? Your boat is slower, cramped

and butt
ugly even compared to my old C&C. Even under sail the Express

looks
awful. Few people can get past it's looks. The 35s5 won Boat of

Year
awards and was even in Moma's Magazine for it's Stark design!

Doug: The 35s5 has something called a "mast" and "sails." It's

powered
by the wind. You should really give this a try.

John Cairns: You own a Catalina 28. Good god, man. Have you NO
personality?

Joe: Your steel motorsailer may be even less fun to sail than

Jeff's
PDQ. No, Joe. Sailing is not about making 9 knots for days on

end and
powersailing through tacks. That's why folks who "like" to sail

would
rather have a lowly Depress 30 than your boat.

Mooron: Poorly fit teak does not make for a good interior. I'd

rather
have well fit Silly Putty! Your slow boat has merit and charm,

but it's
quality has dipped seriously after I looked at the Nordica

website and
prices on them. These are cheap sea boat wannabes. The 35s5

does
everything better and looks better doing it.

Steve: You're boatless. WTF?

Neal: You're pretending to be on a big cruise, so I'll play

along.

Katie: The Kirie is a nicely designed boat, but I hope yours

doesn't
have the quality control issues we found out about, mostly on

later
boats though. Still, our 35s5 is nicer in every way.

Martin: Do you have a boat? I don't recall. If so, it's junk co

mpared
to our 35s5. And the boat you might buy later also won't

measure up.

So...that's it then. Thank you.

RB
35s5