posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

Default Long Beach, Miss?

Anyone familiar with Long Beach, Mississippi?
I'm heading there in a few weeks to work at an Elementary school (some
volunteer type work). We're also trying to raise some cash (goal = $25K) to
help some good people get back on their feet. They need everything - they
were wiped out completely and the community has very little money for
supplies.

Anyway, I'm in charge of setting up camp for about 6 of us and was wondering
if anyone knows of any campgrounds that might be open for business and are
in or very close to Long Beach.

TIA,
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

I'm from Gulfport (next town east) but not living there now, and have
been down twice since the storm to help relatives drag out their
belongings (and some of mine that were stored there). When I was
down last no campgrounds were open for business within thirty miles of
the coast. However, that was several months ago. Most volunteer
groups were camping on various church grounds.

Strongly suggest you contact your sponsor if you have one and have
them give guidance. You might also try the Sun Herald online to get
the most up to date briefing on the situation.

A great sailing area if you have time and can hook up with someone
whose boat wasn't destroyed.

Frank

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:15:33 -0500, "Scout"
wrote:

Anyone familiar with Long Beach, Mississippi?
I'm heading there in a few weeks to work at an Elementary school (some
volunteer type work). We're also trying to raise some cash (goal = $25K) to
help some good people get back on their feet. They need everything - they
were wiped out completely and the community has very little money for
supplies.

Anyway, I'm in charge of setting up camp for about 6 of us and was wondering
if anyone knows of any campgrounds that might be open for business and are
in or very close to Long Beach.

TIA,
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

where are you now Frank?
You ever get south of Fla?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 22 Nov 2005 07:17:48 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

where are you now Frank?
You ever get south of Fla?

Joe

In Tupelo, MS, northern part of the state about 50 miles from the TN
line. Been there for quite a few years. For most of them had a
partnership in a sailboat that was docked in Gulfport harbor. Sold it
in the late '90s and am currently boatless (but looking).

South of Fla? not often. Get to TX a lot. Have relatives scattered
about Houston, (Richmond, Friendswood) and some in Boerne. Go to
Mexico Beach, Fla. a couple of times a year. Great place.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

I live in El Lago just a couple of miles E of Friendswood on Clearlake,
Sorry I mistook you for the Frank who has Voodo Princess.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Hey Scout-
Please email me

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
35s5 PHRF for Western Long Island Sound! Bob Crantz ASA 18 November 15th 05 02:28 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM