posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Long Beach, Miss?

I'm from Gulfport (next town east) but not living there now, and have
been down twice since the storm to help relatives drag out their
belongings (and some of mine that were stored there). When I was
down last no campgrounds were open for business within thirty miles of
the coast. However, that was several months ago. Most volunteer
groups were camping on various church grounds.

Strongly suggest you contact your sponsor if you have one and have
them give guidance. You might also try the Sun Herald online to get
the most up to date briefing on the situation.

A great sailing area if you have time and can hook up with someone
whose boat wasn't destroyed.

Frank

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:15:33 -0500, "Scout"
wrote:

Anyone familiar with Long Beach, Mississippi?
I'm heading there in a few weeks to work at an Elementary school (some
volunteer type work). We're also trying to raise some cash (goal = $25K) to
help some good people get back on their feet. They need everything - they
were wiped out completely and the community has very little money for
supplies.

Anyway, I'm in charge of setting up camp for about 6 of us and was wondering
if anyone knows of any campgrounds that might be open for business and are
in or very close to Long Beach.

TIA,
Scout