Scotty

Default a Heated subject

it's cold sailing now. I thought about Thom's pilot house more
than a few times last weekend. I got (for free) a small space
heater that fastens to a small propane bottle. It works OK, takes
the chill out of the cabin, but doesn't make it toasty. Maybe
I'll get another one (for free).

What do you use to heat your boat?

Scotty

Gary

Scotty wrote:
it's cold sailing now. I thought about Thom's pilot house more
than a few times last weekend. I got (for free) a small space
heater that fastens to a small propane bottle. It works OK, takes
the chill out of the cabin, but doesn't make it toasty. Maybe
I'll get another one (for free).

What do you use to heat your boat?

Scotty

I also have a pilothouse with a Dickinson Pacific diesel stove in it.
It keeps the boat wamr as toast. We spent this past weekend on it in
weather just above freezing and pouring rain. Comfy, not fast but warm
and comfy.

Gary

Scotty wrote:

it's cold sailing now. I thought about Thom's pilot house

more

than a few times last weekend. I got (for free) a small space
heater that fastens to a small propane bottle. It works OK,

takes

the chill out of the cabin, but doesn't make it toasty. Maybe
I'll get another one (for free).

What do you use to heat your boat?

Scotty

I also have a pilothouse with a Dickinson Pacific diesel stove

in it.

It keeps the boat wamr as toast. We spent this past weekend on

it in

weather just above freezing and pouring rain. Comfy, not fast

but warm

and comfy.

Any smell to it?

SBV

Not normally but sometimes if the wind is brisk and the sails are
trimmed close we can get some downdraft and exhaust in the cabin. The
other boat I sail, much bigger, also has a dickinson and it downdrafts
more often. I normally just shut mine down when sailing unless it is
light winds.

rgnmstr

I helped a friend take a new 30 footer from Balto. down the bay and up
the Patomac a few years ago in November. It took 4 days of sailing
9am-4pm. We had one of those little ceramic heaters and it did an OK
job at night.

Scotty

Mine works.

SV

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
A good woman... doesn't make it toasty, makes it hot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
it's cold sailing now. I thought about Thom's pilot house

more
than a few times last weekend. I got (for free) a small space
heater that fastens to a small propane bottle. It works OK,

takes
the chill out of the cabin, but doesn't make it toasty. Maybe
I'll get another one (for free).

What do you use to heat your boat?

Scotty

Thom Stewart

Scotty,

I have a "RED DOT" hot water heater and a Pal Origo space heat. I'll
probably use the Origo a lot more this winter with the price of Diesel.
The Red Dot run at a fast idle doesn't use very much fuel and dropped
into gear sure does make "Pneuma" a really weatherly vessel.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage