Capt. Rob

Default Who Owns the Nicest Sailboat???

Jeff owns a cat that he has to motor 50% of the time...he said so!
Doug owns a Trawler!!!!
Mooron owns a slow boat to China!!!
Katy owns a flimsy Kirie Elite!
Bart's boat is a PROJECT!!!!
Neal's boat is a CORONADO!!!!
Thom's boat is small and slow!!!
Loco's boat is dated and ugly!!!!
Steve doesn't even have a boat!
Crantz doesn't even have a boat!!!!

Now.....the First 35s5....offshore capable or fun fast daysailing or
racing...a blast on weekend trips...fantastic roomy interior...room for
adults and kids....air conditioning and heat...big cockpit and swim
platform....and on and on and on....

No boat here compares overall or feature for feature! Not even CLOSE!
All you can do is cry that we'll only sail it locally! Boo hoo!!!! I
also have a STI coming that I WON'T drive beyond 140 MPH!

Fools, all of you!

Robert B
35s5...the best boat here!
NY

Martin Baxter

Default Who is content with his Sailboat???

Perhaps a better question, who is sufficiently happy with his boat that
there is no need to brag about it?

Or, who is content enough to not have try to justify it to themselves?

Cheers
Martin
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----
Capt. Rob

Perhaps a better question, who is sufficiently happy with his boat that

there is no need to brag about it?

I'm here to talk about my boat, Martin. It's only your jealous nature
that imagines it as bragging. It's really sad for you. My buddy owns a
Tayana 48 DS and I'm happy for him. It's a terrible shame and loss for
you that you have to kick and scream just because someone has some good
fortune.
Let it go, Martin. Someone will always have something nicer. Why be
angry and jealous over it?

RB
35s5
NY

Martin Baxter

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Perhaps a better question, who is sufficiently happy with his boat that

there is no need to brag about it?

I'm here to talk about my boat, Martin. It's only your jealous nature
that imagines it as bragging. It's really sad for you. My buddy owns a
Tayana 48 DS and I'm happy for him. It's a terrible shame and loss for
you that you have to kick and scream just because someone has some good
fortune.
Let it go, Martin. Someone will always have something nicer. Why be
angry and jealous over it?

My goodness Rob, a lot of anger there, you'll shorten your life letting
yourself get all worked up like that. I know you'd like to think that
people are "kicking and screaming", unfortunately it's all in your
delusional little mind. I know you can't help it and it's just your way
of compensating for your shortcomings, but I'm sure that with little
professional help you'll be a find a way to better adjust to the adult
world.

Cheers
Martin
RB
35s5
NY

Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----
Capt.Mooron

Now Bob.... my boat is so much nicer than yours.... it has class, it has
distinctive lines, it has real Burmese Teak instead of cheap veneer, It has
a cockpit as big as your boat, it has 2 anchors on bow rollers on a bowsprit
that is made of solid teak and stainless, it has thermostatically controlled
diesel furnace, it has a s/s galley and 2 iceboxes, it has way more stowage
areas than your flimsy harbour daysailor, it has better nav gear, it has
much better hull and it will leave you way behind on a downwind run. my boat
is a serious sailing vessel... yours is just another dockside condo
look-alike with marginal upwind performance delivered by sacrificing lines,
seaworthiness and grace.

Don't be jealous... I'm single and have all assets paid in full. I can
easily afford to buy a much larger boat... but just look at the cheap toys
they are making nowadays.... like the C&C 35s5. :-)

CM

Capt. Rob

Now Bob.... my boat is so much nicer than yours.... it has class, it
has
distinctive lines, it has real Burmese Teak instead of cheap veneer, It
has
a cockpit as big as your boat, it has 2 anchors on bow rollers on a
bowsprit
that is made of solid teak and stainless, it has thermostatically
controlled
diesel furnace, it has a s/s galley and 2 iceboxes, it has way more
stowage
areas than your flimsy harbour daysailor, it has better nav gear, it
has
much better hull and it will leave you way behind on a downwind run.

Where shall I start?
Your boat is dated. I like it, but it's done.
Your interior is cheaper than mine by a mile. Fit and finish on my boat
is better.
My bowsprit is ALL stainless. No rot.
I have probably double your storage. In fact the 35s5 had a 2nd aft
stateroom option which on my boat is ALL storage!
I have modern nav gear, such as the new Garmin 192c.
Your boat is not faster on ANY tack in ANY conditions. Get real!

I like your boat. It has some charm. But in the REAL world, my boat
does everything better and faster.

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob

I know you'd like to think that
people are "kicking and screaming",

Says Martin, while kicking and screaming.
Martin, I just have a nicer boat. What's the big deal? Even if you
don't agree, can't you just get over it, man?

Robert B
35s5...nicer boat than Martin's
NY

Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:

Where shall I start?
Your boat is dated. I like it, but it's done.
Your interior is cheaper than mine by a mile. Fit and finish on my boat
is better.
My bowsprit is ALL stainless. No rot.

An anchor roller is not a bowsprit. And one that drops mud on the
furler is worth squat on a cruising boat.

I have probably double your storage. In fact the 35s5 had a 2nd aft
stateroom option which on my boat is ALL storage!

What a crock! You know that isn't true! Or maybe you don't, which
would be rather sad.

I have modern nav gear, such as the new Garmin 192c.
Your boat is not faster on ANY tack in ANY conditions. Get real!

I like your boat. It has some charm. But in the REAL world, my boat
does everything better and faster.

Except sleeping overnight on a bendy would be horrific!

rgnmstr

Katy owns a flimsy Kirie Elite!

In most circles Elites are considered a step up from a Beneteau.
Higher performance, better build quality and a nicer interior. What a
******.

Sailboat or Trawler Capt. Rob ASA 4 November 4th 05 06:12 PM
firefly sailboat Paul Oman Boat Building 2 October 26th 05 11:37 PM
Speedball 14ft sailboat? Paul Stevens General 3 October 24th 05 12:17 PM
Any sailboat similar to Tayana 460 Pilot ? [email protected] Cruising 0 October 22nd 05 10:55 PM
FS: 1988 Catalina 27 sailboat in Houston, TX area Des Marketplace 0 October 20th 05 10:10 AM