Capt.Mooron

Default Who Owns the Nicest Sailboat???

Why do you feel you need to resort to this level Bill?

CM

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
oops!

Commodore Joe Redcloud

Capt.Mooron

I concur Max... several people thought my vessel might be for sale this year
because I didn't launch.... one offer was for a ridiculous amount above the
market value.

I wouldn't sell my boat for 3 times it's market value.....

I like my boat.

It's a joy to sail and a pleasure to own.

CM

"Maxprop" wrote in message
Don't bother, CM. He'll never get it.

We sailed a number of boats before buying the Sea Sprite 34 we now own. A
daysail on a Catalina 34 in 3' closely-space chop made both my wife and me
queasy. We never get that on Clover. What we do get is a very decent
ride, even in nasty seas, and speed on par with any Catalina 34 afloat.
Read Ferenc Mates' chapter on the Sea Sprite (Luders) 34 in his book Best
Boats. He sums it up rather well.

Full keels don't necessarily mean slow. Given the right conditions,
Bubbles' fin keel Bendy Toy won't be in view over your transom after an
hour or so. And he and his crew will be beat to death while you and yours
will be comfortable and feeling secure. Granted, on those nice 10kt days
with flat water he'll leave you and me behind. But that ability is little
consolation when the seas and winds play rough, or when cruising in a
variety of conditions. Lastly, my boat and yours will probably be worth
more than they are now if and when we put them on the block down the road.
Bubbles' plastic fantastic will be worth about half what he paid for it in
ten years. Such is the plight of mass-produced boats for the masses.

Max

Capt.Mooron

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:55:08 GMT, "Capt.Mooron"

wrote:

Why do you feel you need to resort to this level Bill?

That's pretty funny coming from you, Guy.

I've never posted anyone's private info... I'm not interested in finding out
about anyone's private lives.

I've kept my attacks to the subject at all times.

I don't have any hatred of anyone here nor would I place them in harm's
way... this is a verbal sparring ground .... certain decorum is expected.

Okay ... I've let it be known I really didn't appreciate what Ganz did to
me... but I wouldn't start posting his address or phone numbers here.

It's just shows a complete lack of class and good taste ... let alone
judgement.

Buck Up Man.... don't take this so seriously!

Now I've politely requested you address me as CM.... will you comply?

CM

Capt.Mooron

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
Except you may as well sell it for whatever little it will bring , since
you
don't make sailing it a priority.

Correct you are... living is my priority.... and sailing is encompassed by
that. This does not in any way alter my enjoyment of sailing, boats and
general nautical discussion.

CM

Capt.Mooron

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
You don't have any leverage Guy. You are a lowlife who talks big until
somebody
bigger comes along.

That's not you for sure..... I was throwing you a bone.

Not my fault you decided to shove it up your ass.

Did it feel good ??

CM

Jeff

BWAHAHAHA!!! I've really caught me a giant booby fish! Have you ever
seen a fish jump like this??? He's positively frothing!

I admit I never much cared for this trolling thing, but sometimes its fun!

Capt. Rob wrote:
It is a very nice boat to sail for a few hours and then return to the
dock and plug in. I have no problem with your doing that, but most
people here think that's a waste of $60K.

Oh, Jeff....you've really raised your skirt this time!
Jeff, you're one ignorant crazy fellow! The 35s5 has more room below
than a Caliber 35 and about the same room as a Island Packet 35, and
much more room than a classic established cruiser like a Pearson 365.

Omigod! Now he's claiming the Bendy is a better cruiser than a
Caliber or Island Packet!

Hint: a fee more cubic feet does not make a boat a cruiser.

She has plenty of storage, more than the Caliber and Pearson in fact
and probably as much as the IP if you don't carry 9 bags of racing
sails.

It does have a large cockpit locker. So?

Her galley is larger than the one on our C&C we're we cooked
plenty of meals without an oven.

Wow! Then it must be a *GREAT* cruising boat. After all, we know how
far booby cruised on the C&C.

Here's his galley:
http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/27.JPG
Note the huge counter space, the deep sinks. The easily accessible
fridge.

Here's what a real cruising boat looks like:
http://www.caliberyacht.com/Download..._Slds_15-1.pdf

or perhaps
http://kennyjl.tripod.com/imagelib/s...target=tlx_new

Of course the 35s5 has an oven.
In fact the 35s5 has nearly as much room below as a Catalina 34 or 36,
except the aft cabin is smaller. The 35s5's bunks are still larger and
there's more headroom as well. The 35s5 also has the biggest head of
the above boats and the largest single storage space which can hold
sails and a dinghy and still have room for a person to sleep!

You have a career waiting for you in advertising. "Beneteau ... its
slightly better than Catalina"

Under sail the 35s5 is a performance boat, it's true. Uncomfortable?
That's relative. On a 6-7 knot day in 90 degrees you'll be motoring
those boats above (and so will you on the PDQ) while we sail.
As for the S/AD, I suggest you check her with the tall rig option which
we have.

Once again, you should check your numbers. I believe you claimed a
SA/Disp of 22. Even if you have the tall rig (which is not what your
broker says) the SA/Disp is under 20.

I wonder who else thinks you can't take a trip in a 35s5? I guess
Loco's boat couldn't either, nor could Donal's, nor could my friend's
J30 (which has sailed to Florida and back).

You can certainly take a trip - I've seen lots of bendy's up and down
the coast. I cruised a 24 footer further than you've ever gone,
further than you're likely to go in this boat. This is about what is
considered a good cruising boat.

And besides, you're the one who said it would be horrific!

Jeff, you're truly a self exposed powerboater...and I aint kidding.
I offered Doug the chance to find a BETTER choice and he failed. So
would you if you gave it a try.

yada, yada, yada

Your own choice doesn't match your criteria.

But I never said this isn't a good boat for you. In fact, in my very
first post I said this was a good match for you. You're the one who
repeatedly insisted it was the best boat for everyone. That we should
kill ourselves because we're not you.

I'm sorry, Jeff. We test sailed the boat and we know how she'll be
used.

This is clear. Then why do you claim its better then other boats
which are used differently?

She performs better than your multi, especially here on the
sound.

How about this: Anyone who can only daysail on western LIS should kill
them self.

She's more fun to sail and has all the room we need for now and
the next few years.

No doubt.

No one here has a better performing boat per foot and that's a fact.

My boat is only a foot longer and is a lot faster.

No one here has a nicer boat and that's a fact.

There are a lot of nicer boats. You're far to self centered to
understand that.

She's basically better at
nothing....just like her captain.

Robert B
35s5...now it's settled...the best boat for sleeping in a slip!
NY

Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:
I've never laughed so hard! You've made
a complete ass of yourself! You claimed that sleeping on a boat
without A/C would be horrific!!!

Jeff, you might actually gain some ground in these childish rants if
you didn't lie constantly. I said SOME nights and you then agreed than
in Florida you had some oppressive nights. That's what the A/C is for.
Sorry you have to remain "opressed" in the heat!

No Bob, that is not what you said. Your claim was plain and simple,
with no qualification: "A boat without AC is horrific in August." You
didn't even specify "sometimes," or "a few nights" or "in a marina."
You just said "A boat without AC is horrific in August."

I conceded that there have been a few nights in FL when we were at the
dock, where we might have used A/C if we had it. Actually my wife
insists that even at docks in Florida, there wasn't a single night she
would have preferred A/C. I even have a place set aside in the boat
for A/C, but frankly if it was given to me, I wouldn't install it.

However, if I had a boat with poor ventilation like yours, and if my
"cruising" were limited to visiting a few nearby marinas, then I
probably would appreciate A/C.

There's no "right" or "wrong" here, just basic realities. I chose a
boat with superb ventilation, because I live at anchor or mooring half
the summer. You chose a boat with limited ventilation because
sleeping at anchor is not a priority for you. And thus you (actually
a previous owner) required A/C because otherwise, it would be horrific.

Robert B
35s5...still the fools boat
NY

Jonathan Ganz

In article zfScf.101946$S4.4195@edtnps84,
Capt.Mooron wrote:
Okay ... I've let it be known I really didn't appreciate what Ganz did to
me... but I wouldn't start posting his address or phone numbers here.

I got you booted off usenet, but you're still here... right?

But, compared to Binary Bill, you're a gentleman. Admittedly, that's
not saying much.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt.Mooron

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I got you booted off usenet, but you're still here... right?

I did get my account terminated by your actions Jon!

I'm back due to a combination of factors.

But, compared to Binary Bill, you're a gentleman. Admittedly, that's
not saying much.

Seems like you ahve a lot of anger Jon...

Bwahahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaahaahaha

CM

Capt. JG

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I got you booted off usenet, but you're still here... right?

I did get my account terminated by your actions Jon!

My actions or your actions?? It's so confusing!

I'm back due to a combination of factors.

Luck? Good looks? Begging? Do tell.

But, compared to Binary Bill, you're a gentleman. Admittedly, that's
not saying much.

Seems like you ahve a lot of anger Jon...

So much that I had my own account terminated just to get back at myself.

That really works!

Sailboat or Trawler Capt. Rob ASA 4 November 4th 05 06:12 PM
firefly sailboat Paul Oman Boat Building 2 October 26th 05 11:37 PM
Speedball 14ft sailboat? Paul Stevens General 3 October 24th 05 12:17 PM
Any sailboat similar to Tayana 460 Pilot ? [email protected] Cruising 0 October 22nd 05 10:55 PM
FS: 1988 Catalina 27 sailboat in Houston, TX area Des Marketplace 0 October 20th 05 10:10 AM