Jeff

Default Did You Pick the Wrong Boat?

Capt. Rob wrote:
And do be careful with Thomas - that
companionway with the cute steps and no handholds is a death trap for
little kids.

Jeff, maybe you wouldn't sound so dumb if you just once had clue...

http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3...slides/31.html

Note the handrails and there are rails above as well.

Clueless Jeff strikes again...and gets busted!

RB

Busted? Those handholds will out of the reach of your kid until he's
6 or 7 years old. I you're not going to consider things from your
kids point of view, then you're not ready to take on the
responsibilities of a parent on a boat. The steps are like a ladder,
but without the sides that can guide your feet. Make sure your health
insurance is paid up, because you'll probably need it. And check your
liability also.

When we built Loki we had extra handrails added at "child" level. It
turned out to be one of our best special additions.
Jeff

Capt. Rob wrote:
Face it, Booby, you bought a second rate boat.

Jeff, are you aware that the 35s5 was upmarket of the comparable C&C's,
Pearson's and many other production boats in 1990? In fact, being
Beneteau's most pricey boat per foot, they had a hard time selling
them. 135-145K for a basic boat was a lot in 1990 when plenty of other
choices were 20-50K less....slower choices.

Robert B
35s5

And what's your point? Are you trying to claim its comparable to a
Hinckley or Little Harbor? You keep going on about "fit and finish"
but it really on one step up from a clorox bottle. All it has is a
few cutsie euro touches to hide the fact that it isn't really a
"cruising" boat.

So its an "upscale Pearson"? is that like an Oldsmobile is an upscale
Chevy? As I've said before, this boat is probably a good choice for
you, but your continued blubbering is making you look even more
pathetic than you usually do.
Capt. Rob

And what's your point? Are you trying to claim its comparable to a
Hinckley or Little Harbor? You keep going on about "fit and finish"
but it really on one step up from a clorox bottle.

It has better fit and finish than your boat, better than a Catalina,
Pearson, C&C and about on par with a Tartan or Sabre (later better
models). Sorry, Jeff. You're just talking. We've been aboard more than
40 boats this summer, probably a lot more.

RB
35s5

Capt. Rob

..but I understand your dilemma. I mean seriously... how often can you
day
sail in one area without it becoming just so much "Bin Der Done Dat".

Sorry, Mooron. Some of actually "enjoy" the sailing and it's never the
same because the wind and sails are always different. You have a
powerboater's mentality.

RB

Capt. Rob

Are you trying to claim its comparable to a
Hinckley or Little Harbor?

Nope, but at least I've been aboard a few Hinkley's and quite recently
a Little Harbor 51.

RB

Capt Rob-

Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Sorry, Mooron. Some of actually "enjoy" the sailing and it's never the
same because the wind and sails are always different. You have a
powerboater's mentality.

Your posts on sailing to date has placed your importance squarely on
destination!! I mean really... you were telling me how important it was to
get there sooner.... It bodes Ill for you my friend... I can see you
developing the old "Why Bother Leaving the Dock... We'll just be Back in an
Hour" syndrome already. Tsk Tsk Tsk......

CM

Capt. Rob

Your posts on sailing to date has placed your importance squarely on
destination!!

Nonsense...you choose a point to sail to or none at all. The faster
better performing boat gets you there sooner and in a more entertaining
fashion. You speak as though every sail is the same.
That's just not how many of us view sailing. And that's why we chose a
boat that isn't about tracking or sailing itself. We LIKE to sail. It's
okay if you don't feel the same way.

Robert B
35s5
NY

Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
Nonsense...you choose a point to sail to or none at all. The faster
better performing boat gets you there sooner and in a more entertaining
fashion.

How do you tell when you "get there" on a point of sail?

You speak as though every sail is the same.
That's just not how many of us view sailing. And that's why we chose a
boat that isn't about tracking or sailing itself. We LIKE to sail. It's
okay if you don't feel the same way.

How do you serve cocktails, sandwhiches, entertain and relax if the vessel
requires constant attention??

CM

Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM